2354 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Lately I´m receiving a lot 4-star ratings in my projects. I guess I got bad, but I never find out why.. :D So, now I saw one of my files with amazing 3 star rating. I think that the file is not so bad, but, I dunno, it somehow got 3 stars. No one complained. I´m thinking to delete the file because of this. Thoughts? Anyone have similar problems?

5180 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

Don’t worry about it. Leave it there. I had a 3 star a while ago. There’s nothing wrong with the file. No idea why. It went back up to a 4 after a while.

It’s one that uses a rendered 3D background of billowing silk. I wonder if people had downloaded it thinking that the effect is somehow generated in After Effects and are then disappointed. (although the file states that it uses pre-renders, of course). But like you, I never received any complaints.

I think people give things low marks for all sorts of different reasons. For instance if they would have preferred to have had it in HD or in purple or for cheaper etc. etc.

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Thanks Felt, now I feel better. I´m glad to see I´m not the only one. Usually as you said, people rate bad for all sorts of reason. But I kinda have feeling if 5 people rate 5 stars, and 1 person rates it 1 star, that you will end up with 4 stars. That sucks :)

5180 posts
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

I have to say, I’ve always been a fan of median averages rather than mean averages, because they don’t allow one-off, extreme results to skew the total.

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

I have to say, I’ve always been a fan of median averages rather than mean averages, because they don’t allow one of results to skew the total.

ofcourse. +1

3951 posts After Effects Templates
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+9 more
miseld says

I agree with Ben,just leave the file there is a lot of unknown reasons why someone rate files so low.

117 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
fAntasticmE says

is there a way to see every rating of our files or it just appears from videohive?

1107 posts inlifethrill
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
InlifeThrill says

Yeah, the overall rating usually morphs over time. I’ve got a few battles on my own too. By no means should you delete your file.

p.s. Anyone knows why the heck I have my name written under my avatar? I’ve seen this on a few staff members before but I’m definitely not one.. It’s fine, just curious why/when it happened. Anyone else having the same.. “issue”? O.o

-inlife

55 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
PerfectFX says

Yeah, the overall rating usually morphs over time. I’ve got a few battles on my own too. By no means should you delete your file.

p.s. Anyone knows why the heck I have my name written under my avatar? I’ve seen this on a few staff members before but I’m definitely not one.. It’s fine, just curious why/when it happened. Anyone else having the same.. “issue”? O.o

-inlife

May be it has something to do with your “Elite Author” badge? :)

1621 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
cyzer says

-inlife

It is called something like status message.. But basicly you can change it in a form which you get when you become elite author. I know it is something to do with elitism :)) or maybe you can change it in your profile settings. But if I remember it correct you have to get a letter with a form.

by
by
by
by
by
by