413 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+4 more
realthing says

Lately I´m receiving a lot 4-star ratings in my projects. I guess I got bad, but I never find out why.. :D So, now I saw one of my files with amazing 3 star rating. I think that the file is not so bad, but, I dunno, it somehow got 3 stars. No one complained. I´m thinking to delete the file because of this. Thoughts? Anyone have similar problems?

Most of the people that give low rates is because they don’t know how to use After effects. A buyer with a good reason to rate low will explain to you why he is not happy.

Me personally, I delete my first file because I got a 4 star rate and I totally regret….. I was stupid thinking that 4 stars or 3 or 1 ..make bud to my profile. Another file of mine a bit after with 4 star rate sold extended license 3 time in 1 month.

Any way it looks like you delete the file.

And remember that all your files are Great and you are a Great author

2351 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Thanks, and I think no one should delete the file with 3 stars. Mostly buyers rate it low because they have issues which don’t have anything to do with author or videohive, but sometimes even the authors can help in that :)

7370 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

I think they rate the files from one to five stars because of chaos theory

2351 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

I think they rate the files from one to five stars because of chaos theory

Me too, either they’ll give 5 stars or 1 :)

95 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Located in United Kingdom
jaytgirl says

unfortunately some buyers may not take much notice of what is required to run a project correctly like additional plugins etc. they may not read which min version of AE is compatible, they may not have AE whatsever and just assume the template will work with any video editing suite. these kinda people will often blame anyone else but themselves. these kinda people will then seek to give negative or average feedback.

my own personal assumptions anyway!

538 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Farley_Design says

Nice and detailed tuts are a great way to avoid low ratings ;)

744 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+3 more
GrizzleFX says

Someone gave me a 1 star because he opened the “plugins required” version of my project (without having the necessary plugins installed) even though there was a pre-rendered version included….some people.

276 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
sightsignal says

Someone gave me a 1 star because he opened the “plugins required” version of my project (without having the necessary plugins installed) even though there was a pre-rendered version included….some people.

And I’m sure some of these ratings are troll ratings. It’s bad for AE projects, but for motion graphics it’s just ridiculous. I mean, it’s a motion graphic video, what you see is pretty much what you get. Example… Our preview videos show the whole animation plus a 100% pixel detail crop example so potential buyers can have a better idea of quality at original size. So when someone watches the preview video, they know how the file looks and have a good idea of image detail/quality, yet decide to buy it anyway and then leave a 1-star rating.

Which just goes to show that some other rating system should be implemented, or at least when someone wants to give a 1 or 2 star rating, they should have to list the reasons for that rating. I know this has been requested on the forums before, I just hope it’s the in that pipeline somewhere.

2176 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
Creattive says

maybe some bad ratings come from other authors who bought the file just to see how it was done and then use the chance to damage his competitor…

24 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
Hypha says

I don’t quite understand the rating system too. I have 6 projects on VH, two weeks ago, 4 of them were rated 5 stars. All my voted projects were 5 stars, but my author profile page shows me at 4 stars! I added up all the votes, and those 4 projects accounted for every single vote but 3. Doesn’t make sense to me.

by
by
by
by
by
by