• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
SnoopyIndustries says

Hi guys,

Sorry, I don’t usually say anything about the review system and I never say “why doesn’t this get in and that did” or stuff like that, I understand what quality standards mean. But why doesn’t Envato also promote the same type of quality standards?

Accepting 30 WP files only + many others (joomla, drupal, etc etc etc) in 48 hours doesn’t do anything but say “these things are so easy to do that we can get 100 in at a time and nobody would tell the difference”. Is the review process ever going to be soft tuned so that we can see the same kinds of time exposure between items? Friday 2-3 got in, which stayed at the top until Monday noon (GMT), and then all hell broke loose.

I understand that buyers are not affected and Envato’s not affected either, but what about the devs who spend 1-2 months on an item and then see it go away from any kind of exposure almost instantly?

This has been discussed over and over again, longer review times are much better than extremely short exposure times.

Could somebody please give us some kind of reasoning to this process?

3072 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
wickedpixel says

They should accept themes only from authors that have here an account for at least 3 years!

SnoopyIndustries
SnoopyIndustries Recent Posts Threads Started
344 posts
  • Exclusive Author
SnoopyIndustries says

That’s ridiculous and SO not the point of my statement. Age doesn’t necessarily mean skill. Somebody new might be 10 times better than you and me both combined so that’s ridiculous.

136 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
phpface says

They should accept themes only from authors that have here an account for at least 3 years!

Why???

405 posts Code Is Poetry
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Europe
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+3 more
gljivec says

Not sure if wickedpixel is being sarcastic or not :), but back to the point, I think we all agree on this and like you said it has been discussed many times. Hopefully sometimes in a future not to far away, we will see some changes.

195 posts Aivah
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+4 more
AivahThemes says
Is the review process ever going to be soft tuned so that we can see the same kinds of time exposure between items? Friday 2-3 got in, which stayed at the top until Monday noon (GMT), and then all hell broke loose.

I totally agree with you Snoopy. I have noticed this for many days that the lawn will retain same and all of sudden the huge troops(themes) will appear on the frontpage pushing others to 2nd page though its released just a day before.

I think reviewers are working mostly on monday and tuesday or the day when they like to review not sure whats the review process and timings are. But I think there should be more improvements in the reviewing process and conditions for daily approvals. There is no limits or timings or anything relevant to review process is mentioned in the knowledgebase or FAQ in any Envato Marketplace Sites.

459 posts
  • Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
pixeful says

In my last thread when I said about why too long review for items, they like:
- “No worries items are now longer on main page means more exposure”

And today I’m like “Whaaaat” my item already gone from main page in less then 8 hours. I’m so unlucky. 6 days of review.

I remember that someone suggested Invite Only or Deny new authors registration at all.

19 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
Nunforest says

Hi to all

I think review system is good but it would be great if they work 24 hour all days of the week, after this for all items will be same the time staying in top, review system should work like an emergency all the time but review members will have day off, there will need more review members maybe i don’t know how many they are. :):) . It’s my opionion

SnoopyIndustries
344 posts
  • Exclusive Author
SnoopyIndustries says

Hi guys,

Let’s not be like that – there’s no point in “invite-only” and “rejection” of new authors, as I earlier said, perhaps some newbie will be the new “Avada” or something like that, you never know. I know plenty of authors on the marketplace who launch products, get 5-6 sales/product and next week they launch a new one. So age is not equal to skill and design quality.

Nunforest is not far from something “real”. Nobody says that support staff should work 24/7, but it’s SOOOO easy to create a simple stupid php script which pushes things live every X hours (acting like a buffer zone between the moment the reviewer accepts the item and the moment it goes live). This way there won’t be any kind of discussion with regards to exposure times because they’ll all be the same, and this will also limit the discussions of “how long my review took”.

I bet that Envato could find plenty authors around here who would be more than happy to help create this for free so that we can all benefit from it. Why not do that?

SnoopyIndustries
344 posts
  • Exclusive Author
SnoopyIndustries says

If you agree with what I just said please try to request a staff reply guys, it’s important that we get an official reaction to this.

by
by
by
by
by
by