• United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says
What type of consulting are you doing Tsafi?

he’s a coffee tester, tells them whether their black turkish coffee is strong enough or not :P

4140 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

Mostly consulting for functionality flash in website base on needs.

For example I am doing now overview for checkpoint.com (ZoneAlarm).

They want to do some flash transform, so i am checking for flash functionality, language problem (since it’s a global company) cost of flash developers….(Good developer can make up to $5000 a month ,they are very hard to get,the problem developer don’t know much about design so you need some designer also unless you take freelancer which many do ) ....., training time and cost (mostly Flex) and explain the benefited of flash mostly because SL is very aggressive with there products and Microsoft cover most of the cost but still SL is inferior as to flash platform .

On the holy land flash is very poor, people will avoid it mostly because of Google PR and the highly cost but the number 1 problem is the flash RTL problem so there is a need of a very good flashers that cost even more money,and AS2 is still the main AS over here but not in the large company’s over there AS3 is number 1 .

I can talk about it all day but my hand giving me a hard time .

Good night.

14 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
lifeonart says

You are rocking ! Congrats buddy :)

32 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
GraphicIdentity says
not quite lol but 3000 posts and a new logo :D:P woop woop :D :P

Aw.. congratulation. 3000 sales is super awesome! Your work must be extraordinary :)

5313 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
CodingJack says

They want to do some flash transform, so i am checking for flash functionality, language problem (since it’s a global company) cost of flash developers….(Good developer can make up to $5000 a month ,they are very hard to get,the problem developer don’t know much about design so you need some designer also unless you take freelancer which many do ) ....., training time and cost (mostly Flex) and explain the benefited of flash mostly because SL is very aggressive with there products and Microsoft cover most of the cost but still SL is inferior as to flash platform .

On the holy land flash is very poor, people will avoid it mostly because of Google PR and the highly cost but the number 1 problem is the flash RTL problem so there is a need of a very good flashers that cost even more money,and AS2 is still the main AS over here but not in the large company’s over there AS3 is number 1 .

Good night.

So basically companies hire you to give them advice on whether they should use Flash or not? Cool!

My sister works for a large online retailer and they don’t use Flash because they don’t have developers who fully understand it. For example, they fear player detection and don’t understand that alternate content can be served up using swfObject. They also don’t realize that when Flash is used appropriately for these types of sites (banners, zoom products, etc.) they can easily populate the alternate content dynamically for Google purposes. So I could see how hiring an expert in the field for some large companies would be worth their while.

8194 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says
My sister works for a large online retailer and they don’t use Flash because they don’t have developers who fully understand it. For example, they fear player detection and don’t understand that alternate content can be served up using swfObject. They also don’t realize that when Flash is used appropriately for these types of sites (banners, zoom products, etc.) they can easily populate the alternate content dynamically for Google purposes. So I could see how hiring an expert in the field for some large companies would be worth their while.

yeah its a shame, its early days have given it a slightly bad name for SEO , penetration, loading times etc :(

times change though :)

4140 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

Good night.

So basically companies hire you to give them advice on whether they should use Flash or not? Cool!

Yah the number 1 problem is the developer cost. Here they don’t get much and you have some crazy developers here that leave the country and make the big $$$ outside the country in big companies many take the Adobe exam certified since you can make very good money teaching flash around the glob that what our training canter do .

For flash Freelancers you have to be extremely good for making this you’re only living for the long run impossible task on the holy land to make a living just from flash that’s why i think you can find many local flashers here around the glob

by
by
by
by
by
by