• Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+12 more
ChristineWilde Reviewer says

The poll idea is a good way to get feedback. Try sending it via a newsletter or host it on your support forum so only your customers will answer.

Yeah I do like the idea of a poll. I will install a support forum on my site this week as well. :)

990 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+2 more
purethemes says

Don’t worry about it. 3 stars would be worrying, but 4 is good
IMHO : 4 stars = fail.

You’re right, I can see many failures here http://themeforest.net/category/wordpress?sort_by=sales_count&page=1&categories=wordpress with themes sold more times than your total sales

and here http://themeforest.net/author/top_authors what a bunch of losers! ;)

365 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
+2 more
OrangeIdea says

You’re right, I can see many failures here http://themeforest.net/category/wordpress?sort_by=sales_count&page=1&categories=wordpress with themes sold more times than your total sales

I saw that. 1st place = 5 stars. TOP seller = 5 star. 4 stars = good(not perfect), not perfect = fail => 4 = fail.
And do not talk about losers. Do not compare red with salt ;)

3424 posts
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+5 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

@OrangeIdea, 3 of the top 4 authors have 4 stars overall. readactor and purethemes’ point is that your calling them failures is offensive, and it comes off as arrogant. It’s one thing to say that you shoot for 5 stars for your own items – that’s great! It’s another to suggest other authors are failing for having 4 stars – which does not necessarily mean an item isn’t great. There are a lot of factors that affect ratings, especially at the volumes at which those authors sell. Clearly, those top authors have had huge success and are not failing by any standard.

I doubt you meant to offend anyone, but try to be polite and show respect toward your fellow authors :) Thanks!

365 posts
  • Elite Author
+2 more
OrangeIdea says

@sevenspark Well good, I agree with you and with your arguments. MHO = My fail )

470 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Israel
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
virtuti says

I saw that. 1st place = 5 stars. TOP seller = 5 star. 4 stars = good(not perfect), not perfect = fail => 4 = fail.

“He laughs best who laughs last.”

68 posts Siiimple
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • United States
Siiimple says

I don’t have any facts (other than basic observation) to support this – but it seems a lot easier to get 5 stars for HTML templates than it is for WordPress templates. Perhaps this is due to the fact that WordPress templates are significantly more technical than basic HTML templates. It seems like your portfolio, however successful, is primarily consisting of HTML templates. Keep creating WordPress themes and you will see a few 4 star (fail?) ratings. Ask Orman Clark. :) According to your standard, he has several themes which are failures.

1081 posts
  • Forum Superstar
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
Smartik says

“He laughs best who laughs last.”

+100

And here’s another reason for a review system. To let user leave a comment when rate an item.

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
CLINE123 says

I would respectfully like to disagree. As a buyer 4 or 5 stars mean the same to me. I rate a theme 4 stars if it’s good and if I never had to ask for help from the author and I reserve the extra star for the author who gives me good support. By support I mean genuine support questions when I’m really banging my head against the wall and not to ask how to change the logo.

I also agree with an earlier comment that buyers generally look at the theme comments first to gauge the author’s support (or lack thereof) then look at the stars. Good support + 4 stars is exactly the same to me as good support + 5 stars. A theme with 3 stars or less NEVER gets looked at by me and I don’t care how undeserving of it the theme is, I can’t afford to take the chance to learn the truth when I have clients’ sites in my charge.

365 posts
  • Elite Author
+2 more
OrangeIdea says

I would respectfully like to disagree. As a buyer 4 or 5 stars mean the same to me. I rate a theme 4 stars if it’s good and if I never had to ask for help from the author and I reserve the extra star for the author who gives me good support. By support I mean genuine support questions when I’m really banging my head against the wall and not to ask how to change the logo. I also agree with an earlier comment that buyers generally look at the theme comments first to gauge the author’s support (or lack thereof) then look at the stars. Good support + 4 stars is exactly the same to me as good support + 5 stars. A theme with 3 stars or less NEVER gets looked at by me and I don’t care how undeserving of it the theme is, I can’t afford to take the chance to learn the truth when I have clients’ sites in my charge.

hm… I thought customers give 4 stars if they do not like something…will know…

by
by
by
by
by
by