45 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
rktic says

I notice that almost every theme is identical in terms of overall layout and typography. Here’s a little roundup of sites with a twist and well balanced used of fonts.

Some are also great excerpts of how responsive typography should be handled, reading long articles there happens very naturally in an engaging manner. Make sure to check out their archives, category templates as well. All in all very focussed on content without too many visual distractions (yes, i’m talking about sidebars).

trentwalton.com
robbietilton.com
vanschneider.squarespace.com
simonfosterdesign.com
informationarchitects.net
supereightstudio.com

I demand more themes in that direction around here! :)

1677 posts Envato Elite Author
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
Tean says

Thats some nice minimals I must say!

Not sure if all would be accepted thought…

xXShatter_ForceXx
xXShatter_ForceXx Recent Posts Threads Started
12 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
xXShatter_ForceXx says

Very nice set of minimalism designs.

1611 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
Bedros says

Cool sets , off course we have something to learn from them , and agree with Tean…
Very nice though , thanks a lot for sharing them. :)

101 posts Live Long and Prosper
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
DryThemes says

typo+mnml… like it!

632 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
UBLThemes says

Ive submitted designs like these, the reviewer discard them.

1023 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

The concept in these is nice, but I do not like too much the typography…Personally, I like small characters, I do not like to scroll too much to see more content, I personally prefer to have most of the content from the beginning…but that’s only my opinion.

45 posts
rktic says

The concept in these is nice, but I do not like too much the typography…Personally, I like small characters, I do not like to scroll too much to see more content, I personally prefer to have most of the content from the beginning…but that’s only my opinion.

Of course we all have our personal preferences, but when it comes to readability and legibility there’s a set of rules to follow. Which is often getting kicked in the nuts with themes on TF.

If you’re interested, here are some further links:

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2011/10/07/16-pixels-body-copy-anything-less-costly-mistake/ http://informationarchitects.net/blog/responsive-typography-the-basics/

I’d love to check those out! Sp, am i getting it right that the fact that almost every theme here has the same layout is a case of reviewers’ restrictions? Oh my, that’d be one big fail.

632 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
UBLThemes says

Of course we all have our personal preferences, but when it comes to readability and legibility there’s a set of rules to follow. Which is often getting kicked in the nuts with themes on TF.

If you’re interested, here are some further links:

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2011/10/07/16-pixels-body-copy-anything-less-costly-mistake/ http://informationarchitects.net/blog/responsive-typography-the-basics/

I’d love to check those out! Sp, am i getting it right that the fact that almost every theme here has the same layout is a case of reviewers’ restrictions? Oh my, that’d be one big fail.

At the end of the day, its all about reviewers likes and dis-likes.

If a reviewer does not like simplistic designs he/she will not accept them, ive seen some designs where people have asked for input and they look amazing to me, ive even thought i would buy that… and they get rejected.

Yet i see some themes on here where i think, really that passed!

Its all about who you get reviewing your item, what they like and obviously the quality of the theme.

Also it makes me laugh how they can reject your theme for being to simular to some already within the marketplace when 85% of them look the same anyways lol…

45 posts
rktic says
At the end of the day, its all about reviewers likes and dis-likes.

If a reviewer does not like simplistic designs he/she will not accept them, ive seen some designs where people have asked for input and they look amazing to me, ive even thought i would buy that… and they get rejected.

Yet i see some themes on here where i think, really that passed!

Its all about who you get reviewing your item, what they like and obviously the quality of the theme.

Also it makes me laugh how they can reject your theme for being to simular to some already within the marketplace when 85% of them look the same anyways lol…

The more i’m reading here the more i’m under the impression that this place is nuts. Or rather a market disconnected from the real world that is simply feeding itself.

GAGA .

by
by
by
by
by
by