45 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
rktic says

I notice that almost every theme is identical in terms of overall layout and typography. Here’s a little roundup of sites with a twist and well balanced used of fonts.

Some are also great excerpts of how responsive typography should be handled, reading long articles there happens very naturally in an engaging manner. Make sure to check out their archives, category templates as well. All in all very focussed on content without too many visual distractions (yes, i’m talking about sidebars).

trentwalton.com
robbietilton.com
vanschneider.squarespace.com
simonfosterdesign.com
informationarchitects.net
supereightstudio.com

I demand more themes in that direction around here! :)

1675 posts Envato Elite Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
Tean says

Thats some nice minimals I must say!

Not sure if all would be accepted thought…

xXShatter_ForceXx
xXShatter_ForceXx Recent Posts
Threads Started
12 posts
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
xXShatter_ForceXx says

Very nice set of minimalism designs.

1387 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Bedros says

Cool sets , off course we have something to learn from them , and agree with Tean…
Very nice though , thanks a lot for sharing them. :)

97 posts Live Long and Prosper
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
DryThemes says

typo+mnml… like it!

598 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
UBLThemes says

Ive submitted designs like these, the reviewer discard them.

718 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
+1 more
greenline says

The concept in these is nice, but I do not like too much the typography…Personally, I like small characters, I do not like to scroll too much to see more content, I personally prefer to have most of the content from the beginning…but that’s only my opinion.

45 posts
rktic says

The concept in these is nice, but I do not like too much the typography…Personally, I like small characters, I do not like to scroll too much to see more content, I personally prefer to have most of the content from the beginning…but that’s only my opinion.

Of course we all have our personal preferences, but when it comes to readability and legibility there’s a set of rules to follow. Which is often getting kicked in the nuts with themes on TF.

If you’re interested, here are some further links:

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2011/10/07/16-pixels-body-copy-anything-less-costly-mistake/ http://informationarchitects.net/blog/responsive-typography-the-basics/

I’d love to check those out! Sp, am i getting it right that the fact that almost every theme here has the same layout is a case of reviewers’ restrictions? Oh my, that’d be one big fail.

598 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
UBLThemes says

Of course we all have our personal preferences, but when it comes to readability and legibility there’s a set of rules to follow. Which is often getting kicked in the nuts with themes on TF.

If you’re interested, here are some further links:

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2011/10/07/16-pixels-body-copy-anything-less-costly-mistake/ http://informationarchitects.net/blog/responsive-typography-the-basics/

I’d love to check those out! Sp, am i getting it right that the fact that almost every theme here has the same layout is a case of reviewers’ restrictions? Oh my, that’d be one big fail.

At the end of the day, its all about reviewers likes and dis-likes.

If a reviewer does not like simplistic designs he/she will not accept them, ive seen some designs where people have asked for input and they look amazing to me, ive even thought i would buy that… and they get rejected.

Yet i see some themes on here where i think, really that passed!

Its all about who you get reviewing your item, what they like and obviously the quality of the theme.

Also it makes me laugh how they can reject your theme for being to simular to some already within the marketplace when 85% of them look the same anyways lol…

45 posts
rktic says
At the end of the day, its all about reviewers likes and dis-likes.

If a reviewer does not like simplistic designs he/she will not accept them, ive seen some designs where people have asked for input and they look amazing to me, ive even thought i would buy that… and they get rejected.

Yet i see some themes on here where i think, really that passed!

Its all about who you get reviewing your item, what they like and obviously the quality of the theme.

Also it makes me laugh how they can reject your theme for being to simular to some already within the marketplace when 85% of them look the same anyways lol…

The more i’m reading here the more i’m under the impression that this place is nuts. Or rather a market disconnected from the real world that is simply feeding itself.

GAGA .

by
by
by
by
by
by