64 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
Kiss_Collective says

Hi all,

The latest WordPress theme for sale on TF is priced at $45. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great theme by a talented designer, no question about it.

However, perusing the list of latest themes, most are selling at $25 and many are just as well made, required just as much effort, have just as many functions and are just as complex.

So why the $20 difference in price? It may just be a simple error of judgement. At the very least I hope there’s a good reason for it, and I hope TF will clarify the criteria that lead to that judgement.

Transparency on pricing would go a long way in helping developers and customers understand exactly what they’re getting for their money.

Thanks.

1148 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
fillerspace says

That theme in particular has a lot of ecommerce features built in without the need for plugins. From the description:

Designed especially for online shops The Furniture Store features a plugin free localized ecommerce system, a membership area, creating and saving a wishlist, an informative customer service area, unique “Shop by…” widgets, lots of independent widget ready areas and sooo much more!

That is worth the extra money to me, and I’m sure a lot of people looking to start an online store would agree.

Usually with Wordpress themes on Themeforest, the more expensive ones either have more features, better documentation, or better admin panels. I bought one for $30 and one for $35, and the $35 one had better documentation and a better control panel. I would imagine the $25 themes would offer less. This $45 theme offers more.

415 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
osigrandi says

I believe you’re referring to the themes with shopping cart functionality? That’s a pretty big deal and I think it’s fully worth the $45.

537 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+7 more
Hein says

Hi,

Can’t you see the difference between the 45$ file and the 25$?, the 45$ item has a fully integrated and working shop, 18 custom widgets, 27 widget ready areas, frontend customer login and registration protected account area and much more.

Do i need to continue why this item deserves a higher pricing :D

29 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
remasp says

Can you point out which other themes that cost less have some built in functions like this theme ?

4336 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

Totally agree, It should be more! @Kiss_Collective You can’t compare a theme like these with WooThemes – give me a break!

53 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
templateup says

Idk I think the reviewers do a good job on pricing the themes, the latest one($45) is more of a CMS than a wp theme and is very custom. I think that it’s a fair price and I would say TF are encouraging more users to make themes that are just that much better.

3 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
jnimon says
many are just as well made, required just as much effort, have just as many functions and are just as complex.

I don’t know that I agree with that statement. For starters, Sarah consistently delivers themes that are not conventional, cookie-cutter layouts. Looking at the latest theme, I would pay $100 to use it for a client’s site if I had a need because it does not look so “blog” like so many on this site. The shopping cart is built in. That alone warrants the price hike.

I DO AGREE that there needs to be an objective standard to pricing. Why is it $45 is a good question as compared to the $25 themes.

Anyway, good thread. Interested in the discussion.

64 posts
Kiss_Collective says
Can you point out which other themes that cost less have some built in functions like this theme ?

Sure, Green Mills is a prime example. It’s more of a CMS than a blog and comes with a lot of add ons:

Green Mills is is a nice and powerfull, but lightweight Wordpress theme with some exciting features, like blog pages, portfolio pages, integrated lightbox, and more. The theme comes with five different color schemes, standard, green, pink, dark and dark blue.

Green Mills provides also a post gallery feature, simply activated by a custom field. Upload some pictures and display them in a fancy way on top of a post. The gallery is improved by Mootools, also navigation, the lightbox and some more features

CMS Style powered by Wordpress Dropdown Navigation improved by Mootools Integrated Lightbox Portfolio Page Blog Page Slider Google Analytics ready Theme Options (Logo, autorotating slider, etc)

64 posts
Kiss_Collective says
Usually with Wordpress themes on Themeforest, the more expensive ones either have more features, better documentation, or better admin panels. I bought one for $30 and one for $35, and the $35 one had better documentation and a better control panel. I would imagine the $25 themes would offer less. This $45 theme offers more.

Many thanks for the clarification. That does sound about right.

by
by
by
by
by
by