• Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • United States
fillerspace says
Why is it $45 is a good question as compared to the $25 themes.

Look at the price as a reflection of the value to the buyer instead of the amount of effort by the designer. I could spend 3 weeks designing a PSD or 5 days designing a Wordpress theme. The Wordpress theme would cost twice as much as the PSD because it is more valuable to the buyer (he doesn’t have to code it, test it, input the Wordpress functions, etc.).

This Furniture Store theme is worth much more than $45 to me because it takes away a lot of headaches for the buyer. Have you ever dealt with OSCommerce, ZenCart, or Magento? Those ecommerce platforms are robust but very difficult to setup. The Furniture Store theme at $45 gives the average buyer with a little Wordpress experience the tools to set up a store in a few hours. That is huge.

That’s why it’s more expensive than the typical business/portfolio theme.

64 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
Kiss_Collective says

I DO AGREE that there needs to be an objective standard to pricing. Why is it $45 is a good question as compared to the $25 themes.

Yes, I too would like a break down of pricing criteria. Surely the reviewers are given a series of guidelines to follow when attributing prices. Why not make that publicly available?

64 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
Kiss_Collective says
Totally agree, It should be more! @Kiss_Collective You can’t compare a theme like these with WooThemes – give me a break!

Well the thing you’re buying into with Woo is the support and longevity of updates. On TF there’s nothing that says a theme seller has to update his/her themes as WP makes updates to the core. There’s also no guarantee on TF that you’ll get support.

For those reasons alone, Woo is the superior platform.

As for design aspects, I agree that there are themes here on TF that perform and look as good and often better than Woo themes.

4320 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Community Moderator
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Venezuela
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+9 more
Ivor Reviewer says
For those reasons alone, Woo is the superior platform.

WooThemes WordPress Themes= 50

ThemeForest WordPress Themes= 413 ITEMS

I’ll not say more.

698 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Croatia
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
segen says
That theme in particular has a lot of ecommerce features built in without the need for plugins. From the description:
Designed especially for online shops The Furniture Store features a plugin free localized ecommerce system, a membership area, creating and saving a wishlist, an informative customer service area, unique “Shop by…” widgets, lots of independent widget ready areas and sooo much more!

That is worth the extra money to me, and I’m sure a lot of people looking to start an online store would agree.

Usually with Wordpress themes on Themeforest, the more expensive ones either have more features, better documentation, or better admin panels. I bought one for $30 and one for $35, and the $35 one had better documentation and a better control panel. I would imagine the $25 themes would offer less. This $45 theme offers more.

+1

905 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • United States
unchartedrealms says

i usually pay 55 dollars for my shopping cart pluggin then I buy a theme to add it into.. putting theme and cart price around 85 dollars.. 45 dollars is great deal for ecommerce and theme

366 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • New Zealand
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
PixelStores says

$45 for a wordpress theme that uses no plugins for an ecommerce based platform is extremely good in value.

by
by
by
by
by
by