My file soft rejected 5 times and i don’t know what i have to do to be accepted! These are the rejection messages:
1) Reason: Your file needs quite a bit of work to be accepted on the site. It is not without merit however. Please visit the marketplace to see and get a feel for the quality of work that is being sold as well as visiting and reviewing the following link: http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/design-theory/understanding-visual-hierarchy-in-web-design/ Thanks
2) Reason: Try taking a look over the following links for a little help on font pairings: http://fontfuse.webink.com/ – this link will give you inspiration and suggestions on some great looking font pairings Here’s a little help on picking your own typefaces, how many to use: http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/typography-articles/a-beginners-guide-to-pairing-fonts/
3) Reason: The file design here still needs a little further tweaking. Consider the the hierarchy of the file design here, considering how to push the file further. See the following link for help: http://blog.typekit.com/2011/03/17/type-study-typographic-hierarchy/
4) Reason: The graphic of the clock needs to be stronger. It appears unfinished at this point. The typography is working better but the other elements are not as strong and if you are going to have a specific theme (time travel) it needs to really be a focal point to work right in your piece.
5) Reason: This concept and flyer here is still a little too low in terms of quality and needs further work. You need to consider the hierarchy of the file, the typeface pairing and overall concept here, the balance of the item seems off and it generally needs tweaking.
Here is the image with the weakness clock according to the 4th rejection: http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1346/preview2fp.jpg
And here the final image which brought the 5th rejection! http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9863/preview1yg.jpg
Any ideas guys? I will appreciated!
Hi! I suggest you make the title style in such a way that is emphasised more: maybe instead of Back to the time you write “Back in Time” so you can make it bigger, also the text must be bolder, try making it 3d-er. Now you have two blocks of text one in the upper part and one in the lower. Try making the title stand out from that upper part. As for the fonts , try using a futuristic one for the title. Hope it was helpful.
Thank you snk-artwork! I will try it! What do you mean with upper part and lower part? Do you mean the “Back to the time” and “80’s music recollection” titles? Also, I am puzzled about the scene of my project because in the 5th rejection says “You need to consider the hierarchy of the file, the typeface pairing and overall concept here, the balance of the item seems off and it generally needs tweaking.” What do you think?
The visual hierarchy means the order the human eye watches the elements. For better explanation read this article about visual hierarchy: http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/design-theory/understanding-visual-hierarchy-in-web-design/
My file approved! Thanks for your ideas!
I’m glad i could help you! Best of luck with sales.
Update: Consider updating the preview image by changing the background, the flyer almost merges with it so it is kinda hard to make the difference. Or blur it a lot.