751 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
CyberShot says

Has anyone tried a reseller hosting account? hosting24 is offering an end of the world 50% discount of services for life. That seems like an incredible deal. What do you guys think? yearly unlimited hosting for $150.00 with a reseller account

281 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Serbia
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
scrnjakovic says
Don’t know, for us who need few websites, it doesn’t pay off. Currently, my hosting play is:
  • 20GB space
  • 800GB bandwith
  • UNLIMITED databases
  • UNLIMITED e-mail accounts
  • UNLIMITED subdomains
  • dozens of features
  • 2e/month

So at the end of the year, it’s 36e per website, tho I can host 15 websites per account, so I need only new domain which is 8e :)

189 posts Quality Templates
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
ThemeRox says
How is their service and server?

Has anyone tried a reseller hosting account? hosting24 is offering an end of the world 50% discount of services for life. That seems like an incredible deal. What do you guys think? yearly unlimited hosting for $150.00 with a reseller account
1531 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
webdesignerart says

Don’t know, for us who need few websites, it doesn’t pay off. Currently, my hosting play is:
  • 20GB space
  • 800GB bandwith
  • UNLIMITED databases
  • UNLIMITED subdomains
  • dozens of features
  • 2e/month
So at the end of the year, it’s 36e per website, tho I can host 15 websites per account, so I need only new domain which is 8e :)

Which hosting service you’re using, Are you happy with there service and performance ?

39 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United States
Monsterzilla says

hi dude, I have three years with hostgator and I dont have any problems with the service, really goog, $24 a month, I’ve also heard bluehost is good and recommend in wordpress.org as number one for WP too.

cheers.

281 posts
  • Serbia
  • Exclusive Author
scrnjakovic says

• 20GB space
  • 800GB bandwith
  • UNLIMITED databases
  • UNLIMITED subdomains
  • dozens of features
  • 2e/month
Which hosting service you’re using, Are you happy with there service and performance ?

uniwebhosting.com , yes I am. They Launched likewebhosting.com which offers unlimited space and bandwith for 2.95/e month :)

2441 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
digitalimpact says

Please, please stop using ‘unlimited’ and ‘hosting’ in the same sentence; newcomers will actually believe that and it’s misguiding… There is no such thing as unlimited when it comes to hosting. It’s a finite resource, just as everything else.

To answer your question, I haven’t tried it. But my experience with companies that market themselves using ‘unlimited’ as a catchphrase + cheap prices, is that they generally have slow servers. That and the fact that there’s always a catch, i.e. they disable certain functionality/scripts, so their ‘unlimited’ server can cope….

751 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
CyberShot says

how can it be finite if you can keep adding servers to increase space? These were not my words, they are the words from the hosting company. Go tell them to stop using the words

2441 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
digitalimpact says

how can it be finite if you can keep adding servers to increase space? These were not my words, they are the words from the hosting company. Go tell them to stop using the words

They’re marketing a single, shared package as being unlimited. That’s not true, if you really reach a certain threshold, they will come to you asking to upgrade. Same with 20 GB space and unlimited databases. You can’t have more databases than your space affords, can you?

And I would rather nicely ask the people in my field to stop promoting these lies, instead of uselessly telling that to the hosting companies. If we encourage it, we’re doing harm to our clients and, eventually, ourselves… :)

281 posts
  • Serbia
  • Exclusive Author
scrnjakovic says

They’re marketing a single, shared package as being unlimited. That’s not true, if you really reach a certain threshold, they will come to you asking to upgrade. Same with 20 GB space and unlimited databases. You can’t have more databases than your space affords, can you?

And I would rather nicely ask the people in my field to stop promoting these lies, instead of uselessly telling that to the hosting companies. If we encourage it, we’re doing harm to our clients and, eventually, ourselves… :)
That’s the point, they don’t limit you to 5 databases or 10 doesn’t matter, you’re allowed to have as much as you want as long as it doesn’t go over you’re storage limit. That’s same if you said you can’t have unlimited sub-domains. You can. Ofc you might end up with 2 only if you reach storage limit with them.

Tho some companies put * after unlimited to tell you that under unlimited they mean “normal usage” and that they might ask you far an upgrade if you exceed “normal usage”.

And there are others who I believe either put huge limits so unless you’re facebook :P you can’t reach them, or they upgrade their drives when you reach certain level…

by
by
by
by
by
by