• Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
Chuckanucka says
to put this in perspective – China does have huge cash reserves but the vast majority of people in China are incredibly poor and have the hardest of life’s :-(
I don’t think so. every country have poor and rich people. of course,China have poor people. but not the vast majority of people . welecome to Beijing 2008 of China. :)

do your research, the income gap between poor and rich is huge and getting bigger. Sure there is a wealthy elite and even a small middle class now but, rural china has been left behind.

30 million Chinese live in absolute poverty, meaning that by local standards they lack enough food and clothing. Another 60 million have incomes below 865 yuan, or $106, a year, well below the $1 a day that the World Bank takes as its standard.

4505 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says
Id say euros too. But, then files would cost more for buyers, so maybe they would buy less…

I agree, but I think the buyers won’t feel the cost too much because FlashDen is still the best in town for flash files.

34 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • France
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
kimaroc says

Vote Obama and $ will go up ;)

70 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
marius_ciocan says

i’m for euro

282 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
Fougie says

You’ll get the same amount of cash, no matter what currency it is expressed in. In other words, if $1 = €0.75, then a typical $3 file would become a €2.25 file, right?

Now if you buy the €2.25 file and your default paypal currency is USD , you will still pay $3 for it. The whole point of an exchange rate is so that you don’t get cheated out of the real value of your currency.

If you are sugggesting that a typical $3 file would become a €3 file, that’s kinda mixing two different things. You are saying you want the prices to be expressed as Euros, and then also make them more expensive.

Of course if you are simply saying that it would be more convenient, to see your money expressed as Euros, that makes perfect sense to me. So what you guys are probably looking for is an additional site feature. Ask the FD staff to make this a profile setting.

535 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
seifip says

2Fougie: No, we want to change the ”$” signs with “€” signs. DON ’T TOUCH THE NUMBERS ! :)

This would allow to stabilise the revenues as the falling dollar wouldn’t affect them. This problem can’t be solved by rising the dollar prices as they would still be falling…

434 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
assive says
2jurgenv: For a buyer, there is little difference between paying 5 USD or 7 USD . For a seller, there is a very big difference between getting 500 USD or 700 USD .

True, true. Euros it is (up)!!

282 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
Fougie says
2Fougie: No, we want to change the ”$” signs with “€” signs. DON ’T TOUCH THE NUMBERS ! :) This would allow to stabilise the revenues as the falling dollar wouldn’t affect them. This problem can’t be solved by rising the dollar prices as they would still be falling…

That’s what i assumed. Just wanted to clarify that, since it sounded like some people were under the impression that they would get a lot more money (an amount in the difference between the Euro and USD ).

However, you bring up an excellent point Seifip. Authors, and FD, actually are making less money based on the falling USD . A $3 file will not be adjusted to say, $3.08 in response to a drop in the value of the $. The end result, is that FD is unknowingly lowering the prices of its files on a daily basis.

No doubt this is the same point that many of these posts are trying to get at.

Add my name to the list of €€€ supporters! I’d like to see this change happen.

4505 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says

Whens the Amero currency coming out?

3069 posts