4 days and 50% progress

149 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
davidossahdez says

When you want to become an author in Photodune, they ask you for 3 samples of your work. In that way they ensure that your quality is good enough to became an author.
Why not implement that strategy in Videohive too? I think that a good motion designer has at least four or five awesome samples to show. Maybe not templates but a lot of freelance or personal projects. Just my thoughts.

1001 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+7 more
baf2681 Envato team says

@david,

I would agree, it would save us a lot of time. I have brought this up already to the team.

@all,

I know the queue is a bit backed up at the moment but that is due to a large amount of uploads within a 48hr period of time. We are working on it as fast as we can, so just hang in there.

Brian

1816 posts Videohive author & moderator
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
Mocarg Volunteer moderator says

I don’t mind waiting 7 days for project to be reviewed. I mean we are not on a deadline here?

But i think we need a big big quality raise here on VH. A much more rigorous review process (Just like themeforest) if we want to make Videohive even better.

7385 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

I know the queue is a bit backed up at the moment but that is due to a large amount of uploads within a 48hr period of time. We are working on it as fast as we can, so just hang in there.

the problem is that the home page is crowded. you can’t approve too many items every day else some authors will get no exposure time. So when you get a lot of good projects getting approved you need to stop reviewing.

The good news is that there will more and more good items on the marketplace each day.

The bad news for us is that you will get more good items in the future so the queue line will not be cleared soon as you say. Trust me. Is like 5 to 7 days for the past few months. Someone also promised more reviewers and other stuff like that but since the problem is the homepage bottleneck having twelve reviewers working all day will not solve the issue.

So is not the reviewers fault as I said earlier. Till the website will get a redesign we are stuck in the line

413 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
realthing says

the problem is that the home page is crowded. you can’t approve too many items every day else some authors will get no exposure time. So when you get a lot of good projects getting approved you need to stop reviewing.

The good news is that there will more and more good items on the marketplace each day.

The bad news for us is that you will get more good items in the future so the queue line will not be cleared soon as you say. Trust me. Is like 5 to 7 days for the past few months. Someone also promised more reviewers and other stuff like that but since the problem is the homepage bottleneck having twelve reviewers working all day will not solve the issue.

So is not the reviewers fault as I said earlier. Till the website will get a redesign we are stuck in the line

+1

465 posts 1 stop solution of all Motion Graphics Needs
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
StrokeVorkz says

Doru, In my opinion Home page exposure is not magic wind, so many instances i had good sales when my item was not in home page, at the same time i had a bad sales even my item is in home page, so that is not a yardstick. A bad project hangs for a week in home page may not get a single sale :)

7385 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Doru, In my opinion Home page exposure is not magic wind, so many instances i had good sales when my item was not in home page, at the same time i had a bad sales even my item is in home page, so that is not a yardstick. A bad project hangs for a week in home page may not get a single sale :)

I think you misunderstood me.

I’m not speaking about the advantages of home page exposure or if this exist or not.

I’m pointing out that the review team will stop checking new files when they got to a certain number of projects approved in a particular time frame. This creates a bottleneck and the queue is artificially delayed when there are more projects uploaded than the number of items approved on each cycle.

2191 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
Creattive says

I’m pointing out that the review team will stop checking new files when they got to a certain number of projects approved in a particular time frame.

Is this actual practise?

7385 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

I’m pointing out that the review team will stop checking new files when they got to a certain number of projects approved in a particular time frame.
Is this actual practise?

just using my logic and my observation of the number of new items approved in a particular timeframe.

by
by
by
by
by
by