2057 posts
    Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United States
Landonw says

Is using the 960 Grid good or bad when submitting themes? Should it only be used on the PSD ? Not used at all? Discuss.

397 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Monkify says

It’s all in personal preference, although you should be using a grid regardless if it’s 960, your own that you developed, or just using the Photoshop grid. I realized how poorly aligned all of my designs were before I started using the 960 grid, and it’s a lot easier to maintain consistency now.

I’m not a developer myself, so I won’t judge on what I think about the HTML 960 grid.

266 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
DigitalHenry says

Grids in general are always good.

Can’t imagine designing without one.

1012 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
wizylabs says

Grids in general are always good. Can’t imagine designing without one.

+1

413 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 100+ members Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
altinkum says

just seen one of the templates created with 960 and looks amazing, editing was fun l think its very good better solution.

81 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Fynn says

When designing I usually use the 960.gs grid Photoshop template. However, I don’t use the 960.gs html and css because it usually bloats up my html. (for example when you want different paddings in a prefixed 960 css selector)

2324 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
CreativeMilk says

Dont use them…..

3007 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

any good designer can align his design without a grid and so can a developer. the gris is good for startups, but you cant do much with it, if you have something special, the grid is useless…

2324 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
CreativeMilk says

Dont use them…..
why? simple question .. can you explain why you should not ? or can you not explain ‘why you should not use them, This should be good ‘or just explain in simple terms.. whats your feeling, on why ‘quote’ DONT USE THEM . =

well i have buildt own frameworks, and i know how to buildt and design, so there’s no need for me to add something extra

Trust me most highselling themes here are not buildt on 960.gs

3007 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

chill dude.. it was my opinion. if you like websites that all have the same paddings and collum widths i cannot say anything.

by
by
by
by
by
by