371 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
QwibbleDesigns says

I’m finishing up the coding of a latest theme for TF, but having never worked with piece maker before, and it being one of the slider’s we want to include, I’m having some problems.

To start with, the slider transition was being clipped by its container, and the top of the slider itself was being clipped.

http://qwibbledesigns.co.uk/preview/Bohio/index_piecemaker.html

Nothing I did with the css changed this, so I had a look at the 100% heights that were set on the elements, and the javascript snippet for piecemaker. I could only get it to fully show by setting it at a height that is greater than the slider itself, but that doesn’t make sense to me. Anyway, now with that done the slider shows great, but the flash element covers some of the content below which isn’t what we want at all.

http://qwibbledesigns.co.uk/preview/Bohio/index_piecemaker_2.html

Piecemaker has been implemented in many themes here at TF, so someone must know how to make it play nice. Any help is appreciated =)

I just want to make it so that the transition can be seen like it can in the second link, but the updates bar content is still clickable.

Matt

371 posts
+2 more
QwibbleDesigns says

Okay, ignoring the original post because I have solved it, I have another, but smaller question about piecemaker.

Currently all my piecemaker files are in the root directory, and it seems messy to me for a theme. For those that have implemented piecemaker into a hmtl/css theme before, have you left the swf, css, fla, and xml in the root folder, or have you added them all into their own directory such as “piecemaker/”? I’ve tried but haven’t got a clue how to make it work, since I never touch flash =D

4343 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says
371 posts
+2 more
QwibbleDesigns says

Ahh, I’d assumed the variables would all work as long as all the files were in the same folder. Are they all relative to the html file or something?

296 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
theninja says
Ahh, I’d assumed the variables would all work as long as all the files were in the same folder. Are they all relative to the html file or something?

Hehe, they’re all relative to the swf file :)

371 posts
+2 more
QwibbleDesigns says

Lol, ahh well. I’m going to bed, I’ll figure this all out in the morning. Jquery sliders ftw imo =DDD

by
by
by
by
by
by