3 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • United States
DreamShotz says

Over the past couple of months or so, I have purchased a considerable number (52) project files through VideoHive and AudioJungle.

My concern is that 100% of the time when an author has said “contact me” for one reason or another (example might be to get sound effects, soundtrack or even for the font used, etc.). NOT once has the author ever replied to me.

In every case where I have attempted to contact an author, I am simply asking for what they offered in their sales pitch. I am asking for it using their requested contact procedure and I have already PURCHASED their file.

My attempts include several of the so called “Elite” Authors.

Am I doing something wrong or are other buyers experiencing this outright lack or responsiveness from authors?

I purchase these files to save time. Waiting for weeks with no response and then having to create the missing pieces myself defeats the purpose of buying the project in the first place. This makes me think twice before I purchase a second item from a non-responsive author.

Your comments are appreciated.

64 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • United States
FXRiot says

I think the problem is, at least in my case, I rarely ever get E-Mails from here, and because of it, I don’t check my E-Mails as often as I should.

A buyer contacted me at one point asking if I could make an Alpha version of a video I made, I had no idea this inbox message was sitting there for weeks, and by the time I saw it, it was much too late.

There must be some form of contacting sellers DIRECTLY on this website, with a notification upon logging in so that it’s unavoidable. I think authors login to this website far more often than checking their E-Mails.

AFAIK there is no private message or inbox system on the Envato marketplaces.

3 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • United States
DreamShotz says

Would it then make sense that a “smart” author should put a direct email contact on their profile and bypass trying to use the VideoHive inbox?

64 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
FXRiot says

When you contact an author from their profile page, it sends an E-Mail directly to whichever E-Mail they chose. What I’m saying is there should be a way to contact authors directly on the marketplaces.

727 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United States
GrizzleFX says

DreamShotz,

I think you’re doing the right thing, as authors it’s our responsibility to provide support to the people who buy our projects. I’m very sorry that you experienced this because I know exactly where you’re coming from.

What I can suggest is to leave both a comment and send the author a message, if they don’t reply, come to the forums if you have any questions about the project file itself, there are plenty of other authors here who can probably help.

Good Luck.

90 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
comeero says

I think the problem is, at least in my case, I rarely ever get E-Mails from here, and because of it, I don’t check my E-Mails as often as I should.

I’ve never had any problems with the envato messaging system. For me everything is working as it should.

507 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
5p1r17 says

Can’t say about other authors, but as for me, since I’ve registered here, I didn’t missed any email from my clients. Usually I reply after 1-3 hours. Or 12-24h if there is a big difference in timezones.

You guys(clients) pay money and deserve for support from author side. This is my position and hope other authors agree with me.

26 posts
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Djomla_reMake says

DreamShotz,

I think you’re doing the right thing, as authors it’s our responsibility to provide support to the people who buy our projects. I’m very sorry that you experienced this because I know exactly where you’re coming from.

What I can suggest is to leave both a comment and send the author a message, if they don’t reply, come to the forums if you have any questions about the project file itself, there are plenty of other authors here who can probably help.

Good Luck.

Yes, i agree with Grizzle! Its kinda unprofessional from any author to not respond on emails about his own projects…

If i’m seling my project, i want my customer to be happy with it. After all, that can only be good thing, becouse, if customer is happy, hi may buy more:)

Cheers everybody!

1550 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Russian Federation
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
AndrVlad says

Agree, people have to respond.
I don’t have much experience with contacts here yet but looks like it works not as good other way too. I have had around 6-8 contacts totally. I usually responded within hours (probably 1-2 days was the maximum) but for some reason many of my responses (more thn 50%) have not been answered back. I don’t know why, is it much difficult if you contacted anybody and received positive reply just to reply like “thank you for reply!” – kind of good practice to finishing the thread if you initiated it.

Cheers and happy holidays!

Best Regards, Andrey

1256 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

yes that’s an issue; across the envato sites, of maybe 50 emails I’ve sent via the internal system, I’ve only gotten responses from 18 or so authors. it should be required to answer your customers, in addition to good business sense, as long as it’s an on-topic, rare (or in my case, just 1) email sent. on the other hand authors shouldn’t have to answer tons of irrelevant questions, either. but for something like “how do I get (included something, from buyers)?” that should be provided, answers are good

by
by
by
by
by
by