82 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Located in Canada Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
GJThemes says

I was just exploring the Theme Forest website and I noticed a couple of things that I would like to suggest and see if anyone else agrees?

1. The WordPress themes have a combined Blog/Magazine category, but the problem here is that there is a major difference between a blog theme and a magazine theme. I believe this should be separated into their own categories.

2. Comments (and Item Support) are a little strange how this is setup because it appears the comments on an item page are being used for support questions. Call me crazy, but the comments should really only be “comments’ about the item. For support, I would think a separate dedicated tab to submit support requests to the author from the item page would be a lot better as it goes direct to the author privately if any info needs to be provided by the buyer or author. So on an Item page, you would have the Item Details, Comments, and a Support Tab. The support tab could just simply be a form to submit the questions (via email).

Does anyone else have input on this or alternate methods?

Cheers!

1028 posts
    Has referred 500+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
ThemeBlvd says

1. I agree with that one. I do consider there to be a big difference between designing a “blog” theme and a “magazine” theme. It would be nice if these were two different categories.

2. Nothing to say here… but keep on preach’in! And maybe, just maybe one day some improvements to the support system will be made.

82 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Located in Canada Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
GJThemes says

hehe…keep preach’in! Absolutely, but I think it would take many others to also agree and give their input :)

I also just thought of another change…lose the reCaptcha on logging in…that is the most irritating thing ever to have to keep refreshing it and strain the eyes to read the letters.

991 posts It's in the pipeline!
    Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
purethemes says

I agree with all above.

And one more thing – lately most of new threads in this forum are questions about problems with specific WordPress Themes or other items. I think it’s confusing for buyers and should be more clear that this is public forum where people can’t generally help with that kind of problems.

1950 posts Do the Needful
    Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 10+ members
+10 more
JamiGibbs says

Moved to site feeedback. ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by