• Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
AdamGold says

Hi :) A customer of mine emailed me asking what is database tables & columns. I told him I don’t think I am supposed to explain something like this.. What do you think? I mean, do you think I should explain him what are these things?

Thanks, Adam.

738 posts
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
Jar says

I’d just tell him it’s better to exhaust your resources at hand (Google) before even thinking about bothering somebody. It shows they need to be spoon-fed and likely didn’t even try to figure it out for themselves.

374 posts
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
_rohan says
Hi :) A customer of mine emailed me asking what is database tables & columns. I told him I don’t think I am supposed to explain something like this.. What do you think? I mean, do you think I should explain him what are these things? Thanks, Adam.

You should just send a link to w3schools or nettuts or something.

1028 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+1 more
ThemeBlvd says
Hi :) A customer of mine emailed me asking what is database tables & columns. I told him I don’t think I am supposed to explain something like this.. What do you think? I mean, do you think I should explain him what are these things? Thanks, Adam.
You should just send a link to w3schools or nettuts or something.

I agree with this. This is a good way to not waste a lot of time but still not leave your customer mad because he never received any help.

960 posts
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
jeffeatworld says

I’d maybe list 2 or 3 resources as mentioned, but if you have referred to tables or something in your instructions – or if you have not mentioned table names – then you should spend a bit of time supporting them or getting them up and running.

What I’m definately not saying is you should teach them what a database actaully is lol. Thats not our jobs no.

by
by
by
by
by
by