7648 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

so, that new big project: can you give us more details? :)

6029 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

“7:14am – Collis checking emails and working on Envato’s vision for 2020”

A joke, ok! Not sure what to say but there is one thing honestly popped me: Please don’t delay basic improvements to that long… Think about current users and usability :(

Although certain improvements started happening recently, those are too late to overcome the irreversible bad trends happening here such as level of expectation of item support, rating abuses, searching-buying habits and many more.

1470 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+3 more
WebSmacker says

@VF – please don’t turn this into another complaint thread. To be honest these comments are getting old. Colis and the Envato team are clearly making changes, hence the new search platform. Scott and the other community staff are doing a much better job keeping us informed. I recently submitted a support ticket, and with past experience I didn’t expect a reply for a month, but I had a reply the next day. I can see improvements acrossed the board.

Also, a company that doesn’t look a few years into the future is destined to fail. I think it’s great news they are building a plan for years to come.

Just my thoughts. Have a great day!!

687 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+1 more
Typps says

Also, a company that doesn’t look a few years into the future is destined to fail. I think it’s great news they are building a plan for years to come.

+1 @websmacker.

6029 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

@VF – please don’t turn this into another complaint thread. To be honest these comments are getting old. Colis and the Envato team are clearly making changes, hence the new search platform. Scott and the other community staff are doing a much better job keeping us informed. I recently submitted a support ticket, and with past experience I didn’t expect a reply for a month, but I had a reply the next day. I can see improvements acrossed the board.

Just my thoughts. Have a great day!!

I understand, these are disturbing. But looking at the past track records, there is no guarantee if future plans are all about improving currently running services – probably one more new service that never related to current users? That’s not improvement, just expansion.

Even while announcing about search upgrades, the announcement just started with a red alert of “similar items” section rather than focusing deep search filters.

For Envato and authors as a business deal, our primary point of interests are all about licensing, purchase options etc but both of these are almost halted its progress. Not even announcements about progress on these and even promised updates are halted. If there are staffs clarifying their part on respective threads, I have no reason to jump here. Anyway, carry on people, I won’t disturb again here.

1579 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Located in Australia
+10 more
collis Envato team says

Hi VF and WebSmacker!

You’re both right in that we have to be looking at both short term work and long term. It’s a tricky balance, but as the company is getting bigger there’s more resources to do this (thank goodness!!)

As CEO, a big part of my job is to be looking more long term, while helping the teams manage the more short term. In that sense you can imagine my job as being the scout who runs about checking the road ahead and reporting back to help steer. That doesn’t take away from all the hard work we have to do in the present though.

I’m glad to hear Websmacker you’re having a more positive experience of things lately. I know the marketplace team have been gearing up a few notches now that we’ve increased staff resources so much, and started focusing the teams better.

At the same time, I’m mindful that we do have lots more to keep working on VF. The licensing changes I was discussing at the beginning of the year have been sitting dormant for too long, and you’re right that we need to be better at updating. We keep working on it, little by little, day by day :-) Thanks for sticking with us!

1031 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

Nice post, I liked the idea! Can you make other articles like this – but with other Envato staff members too? We’d love to see them too :)

1431 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
IngeniousArtist says

very interesting post :)

628 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
femo says

Great article!! Nice idea :D

7648 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

In that sense you can imagine my job as being the scout who runs about checking the road ahead and reporting back to help steer.

Just be careful to not get captured. We don’t know if we will pay the ransom.

by
by
by
by
by
by