226 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Russian Federation
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
chipree says
I think most people can do more than just one thing and still be good. I do design, html/css 3d etc etc. It is not impossible. Also I think design and backend weigh much higher than frontend in WP dev.

yes, it’s possible, you can do one thing and still do it well… but I think I can make 2 things better and faster with a team as described above in the same time you do one thing well ;)

Also, maybe some are coders and others are front and back end developers much more than they are anything else and they do their work very well. Most importantly: sticking to the thing that you know best and doing your very best to make it perfect is what makes a difference. I love Tony Stark too and if you have tools to make your life easier then that’s admirable and great! but I think that sometimes it’s just too hard for 1 guy to make all the work himself. Why not focus on the thing you love and do it well, let others worry about the other things…

23 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Ukraine
Kopyovv says

Have a question about working time. How many themes per month FE and Wordpress developers can do? I mean, as example, 1 theme design could take up to 7 days. And for developers? :) Btw, this work required full time employment or not?

I don’t have any works for sell here, my 2 themes were rejected. Anyway, i’m interested :)

P.S. Can take part in HTML coding

226 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Russian Federation
chipree says
Have a question about working time. How many themes per month FE and Wordpress developers can do? I mean, as example, 1 theme design could take up to 7 days. And for developers? :) Btw, this work required full time employment or not?

I don’t have any works for sell here, my 2 themes were rejected. Anyway, i’m interested :)

P.S. Can take part in HTML coding

You can work at your own pace… To design a theme in 7 days is fine. I’m thinking 2-3 weeks per theme

23 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Ukraine
Kopyovv says

Ok, got it. I’m in :)

226 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Russian Federation
chipree says
Ok, got it. I’m in :)

Still waiting 4 a few more people to join. Then I’ll make the team.

397 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Monkify says

I honestly don’t think you’ll get many serious takers, or great designers with this proposal. A good designer can catch himself a partner that will code front-end and also integration, and simply split 50/50. The only benefit would be faster production time with 3 people.. but I really doubt it would be much faster, if at all. A designer can only design so fast, so if there’s 2 people working on the code at the same time, they will simply get ahead of the designer and will be waiting for the designer to finish.

23 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Ukraine
Kopyovv says
I honestly don’t think you’ll get many serious takers, or great designers with this proposal. A good designer can catch himself a partner that will code front-end and also integration, and simply split 50/50. The only benefit would be faster production time with 3 people.. but I really doubt it would be much faster, if at all. A designer can only design so fast, so if there’s 2 people working on the code at the same time, they will simply get ahead of the designer and will be waiting for the designer to finish.

And i think that could work. But in case if you’ll sell this way: 1. When the design is finished, designer can upload it to PSD category and give sources to the coder. 2. When the HTML code is ready, coder uploads it to HTML category and sell it. 3. Then Wordpress dev begins. All earnings are splitting 33.33% between 3 people.

While second design is ready, designer’s making the second one. In that case, only coder is waiting for a new design. Something like that :)

397 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Monkify says

And i think that could work. But in case if you’ll sell this way: 1. When the design is finished, designer can upload it to PSD category and give sources to the coder. 2. When the HTML code is ready, coder uploads it to HTML category and sell it. 3. Then Wordpress dev begins. All earnings are splitting 33.33% between 3 people.

While second design is ready, designer’s making the second one. In that case, only coder is waiting for a new design. Something like that :)

Not much purpose in submitting just the PSD . They don’t sell well, and they’re priced a lot lower. The developer will have to wait for the coder to be finished anyway, so it might as well be one guy doing it all. The coder has to wait for the designer, and the developer has to wait for the coder.

I’m sure the coding/integration progress would be faster, as the work would be split into 2 people, so they don’t get tired from all the work and become slower. But the designer still needs the same time to complete the work before having it coded in HTML . So if the coding/integration gets done fast, then the 2 other guys will be waiting on the designer.

What works for me and my partner; I design a page and finalize it, then send it to him to code in HTML , and keep doing this until the end. That way by the time I’m done with the last page, he only has 1 HTML page to code before he then moves to the integration. I can’t imagine being able to produce and sell themes faster by adding someone to take his spot for either markup, or integration.

The only way to produce themes faster is to have 2 designers and 2 guys who do both the markup and integration.

226 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Russian Federation
chipree says
The only way to produce themes faster is to have 2 designers and 2 guys who do both the markup and integration.

That would be a nice scenario.. big team.. great and fast products… yes.. who knows, maybe we will get there.

by
by
by
by
by
by