I’m just a bit confusing about the pricing model for CC authors.
A full PHP social platform (example: http://codecanyon.net/item/php-social-network-platform/3740004) coming with both frontend and backend is $18, and a random themeforest wp theme could be $45, is that fair?
Yes, lots of WP theme selling on themeforest are very well designed and coded, I’m sure the authors must put lots of effort into it, but a full PHP system (database + backend admin + frontend) is so much more complicated than designing a theme in my opinion, the price difference shouldn’t be that big.
What do you guys think?
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
- Beta Tester
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
I could say the same thing for fully functional html5 templates without the back end. why are they only 10-20 bucks?
I guess it depends on a lot of things but we do not know how the price is decided.