161 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
PrismicStudios says

Wow, thanks for all the great replies! I sold my 2nd one already! You know this morning I had about 70 page views and after I posted the thread here It went up to 100 or more in less than an hour and I made another sale. I think posting in the forums is probably a huge booster as well. About the avatar,.that’s my studio logo,the guy who told me about this website is a graphic designer and he built both my website, (danoblack.com) and did all of my logo design. I think his user name is DerekFitzpatrick, anyway, he has a lot of graphic stuff on envato as well as some music tracks.

On an unrelated note, my latest track got “held” by the reviewers. Anyone know what that is all about?

79 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
NenadSimic says

Well my only thought is the reviewer needs more time to decide whether the track is fit for the marketplace, and after consulting a colleague I guess, it is either going to be rejected or approved. Hopefully in your case it will fit the standards and it will appear on AJ .

386 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
MeGustaMusic says

Hi Blacklamp, I am also new and have to say, also felt that frustration but then, reading the forums I realize that AJ is a ant work. It takes time but if you work hard, it comes. It´s true that some awesome authors kick the table and in a couple of months reach great sales, with just a couple of tracks. Like in every aspect of life, a little bit of luck is always present. IMO work hard, put all your good vibes in your stuff and sales will come.

“if you build it they will come”
jejejeje :sunglasses2:
thesensercomplex
thesensercomplex Recent Posts Threads Started
493 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
thesensercomplex says

Know how you feel, my favorites tracks sells the least, or not at all. Though, I’ve had tracks sit around for about six month then it gets a sale. Not that I’ve learned my lesson of making every track with a broad marketable item, but rather write whatever comes to mind, then let them do what they do. I can only assume that AudioJungle approves them because in some way they feel that the track has a chance of getting a few sales. As others have said, continue writing and build your portfolio into its own little custom music store. BTW , enjoyed your “Neon Night Tokyo” track. Cheers.

58 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Ukraine
Eirendin says

Do not be upset) I for example also have a few good tracks that have not been bought and recently bought a track which I thought somebody just do not buy it. it happens all I can only advise to continue to release new tracks out because when people look at a new track, not only on him but on all of your portfolio and I am sure that in any case, someone will buy early and postural so do not worry everything is still to come) )

680 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
Blinn says

It didn’t take me long to start selling items. I think I only had three up for sale when my first sale was made. I now have nine sounds online and I’ve made five sales. Not bad for someone who’s just starting out. :)

Keep your head up high and keep up the good work. Action produces results.

Also, if you’re feeling a bit frustrated over your current situation, try watching Marie Forleo on Youtube. She has some great advice for small business owners and people who are generally having a hard time in life.

205 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
TJMusic says

While exceptionally good songs may sell exceptionally well, for an average case I’d rather apply the general rules of online marketing. So, let’s say you set up a view tracking system on each page of your items and you track how many people visit your products. You set up many forms of promoting campaigns to bring these people there – take a look at this thread with advices how this can be done:

http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/ways-to-promote-your-audiojungle-music/55643

Then, you can assume that in average online marketing campaign, the conversion of visits to sales is about 1-3%. Depending on the quality of the traffic you have brought with your advertising, the conversion may vary a lot. Once I’ve set up Google Adwords campaign, but I had a lot of useless traffic for keywords like “free music” when my campaign was set improperly, so they converted below 1%. But usually, for every 100 unique visitors you should expect 1-3 sales, unless the traffic quality is low or the products quality is low. Well, but if you don’t have hundreds of visitors coming to your item pages, go and get them, because they won’t come without advertising work.

Good luck!

by
by
by
by
by
by