413 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 100+ members Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
altinkum says

Hi Guys,

I do not understand why do you worry about admin themes this much because waste a time, no body looks at your admin page even if you had a best admin design in the world so why can you not add and create more xhtml, wordpress themes.

Please please stop this waste admin page design and show us some good design, themes etc..

As a buyer never looking to pay for admin themes by the way ;)

364 posts Onuro
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
ThemeKioken says

Altinkum, you never know when you will need an administration skin =) I did mine for I needed first, and then put on sale hehe

But no worries, I’m sure once all of us are fed up with these duplicate skins (which is close because: how different can an administration be, how many alternates, right?), we will definitely see more alternative categories.

323 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
shadow66142000 says

@altinkum – you are one buyer out of many. I hadn’t done any but that is becuase I didn’t think there would be such a market for them but there obviously is. You said you want some good designs but that designing the admin area is waste of time which doesn’t make sense. The client themselves appreciate being “wowed” also. If there is a market for something why wouldn’t someone take advantage of it?

413 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 100+ members Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
altinkum says

Yes but if you are a designer, please come on how many people will see your admin theme and made a comment.

Internet and web users will see the site design, theme no body give attention because you got great admin theme and l dont think any body cares about admin theme

millions a scripts out on the web, how many site has a admin.themes much as you got here, waste a time because drops quality of theme forest and not interesting like used to be.

Thanks for your comments anyway

61 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
ne-design says

I started with admin themes because there are more chance of making sales in admin themes then any others. I bet it’s one of the themes that are only available at TF.

True, there are too many admin themes released recently. I do hope that more variations would be available in the future.

Well I’m planning to make a company theme next!

364 posts Onuro
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
ThemeKioken says

Well I am one of those lucky guys having at least 2 clients that will pay good amount of $ just to have a less crappy looking administration skin for their shopping site/cmses/web software.

So yeah, there is a big huge hidden need for admin skins. They’re not really for they are needed, more like “why not we have a nicer looking panel?”

164 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
tonyc says

This niche will soon be filled, I predict. :)

238 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 100+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Mastergreed says

C’mon people, soon customers will be ranting about too many portfolios, blog skins and vanilla board themes. After few weeks skins for Joomla will be a subject of rants, then even corporate themes and finally the judgement day will come and we will all die!

Ykhym, what I mean is people are creating themes that sells, you don’t have to buy an admin theme, but as long as there will be clients who are buying such themes, more of them will arrive to our market.

352 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+6 more
danharper says

I’m sure admin skins have a huge market amongst web developers who are awesome with PHP /ASP/Ruby etc. but are terrible at design. It’s important to carry on a great user experience through to the backend of your site—look at how much time WordPress have spent tweaking and overhauling their admin design!

Personally, I’m busy coding my own CMS and I needed an admin-theme just to make it look nice until I get time to design my own – so I purchased one of the fantastic designs from here.

342 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
reidknorr says

I don’t care if anyone disagrees with me but I have experienced first hand that when clients login, they like nice backend templates as well. There is a market for them, and thats why you see people buying/selling them.

by
by
by
by
by
by