• Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
altinkum says

Hi

If we talk about wordpress backend, that is different because you cannot compare Wordpress with basic sites so hard to say somethink.

Basically admin themes drops quality of theme forest so please STOP ADMIN THEMES

I know that a lot of you have better design ideas so dont waste your time with admin themes thats is all and l know a lot of you guys want to create better and better themes anyway so what can l say…

2541 posts
  • United States
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
CreatingDrew says

Have you seen the sales of some of the admin themes? The highest two selling html templates are admin themes. Furthermore, assuming I didnt miscount, 8 of the highest selling html templates on the first page of “top sellers” are admin themes.

The freemarket rules on this website, and judging by the sales of admin themes, this is obviously something that is desired by many buyers. I dont see any motivation yet for people to stop making admin themes. If I look to see what templates are selling best and see admin templates are, why wouldnt I try to cater to that niche of buyers?

Furthermore, its not as if other themes are lacking, this site IMO , is filled with quality templates.

“Basically admin themes drops quality of theme forest so please STOP ADMIN THEMES “

How do they drop the quality? Great design is great design.

Regards,

Drew

61 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Japan
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
ne-design says

@altinkum – I think you are going too far with the comment. Just simply ask the theme you might want to have, instead of saying how admin themes are bad.

If you really want to stop admin themes it might be better to contact the support. I’m pretty sure they will take your opinion seriously and give you an answer.

413 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
altinkum says
@altinkum – I think you are going too far with the comment. Just simply ask the theme you might want to have, instead of saying how admin themes are bad. If you really want to stop admin themes it might be better to contact the support. I’m pretty sure they will take your opinion seriously and give you an answer.

This is a discussion forum and l dont think l am going toooo far because it was a suggestion so please please do what you like.

This suggestion is out of order after your comment so please do not reply, getting a bit to much.

1 post
ysf says

Admin themes are needed by a lot of coders who implement a web application as a service and are not firm in designing or don’t want to spend their time with photoshop.

4901 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Hey guys,

Admin themes are a valid file, and it can and will be sold here. In fact many admin themes are outselling regular templates. So there is a market for them, and they are bought. Even if they weren’t bought regularly, they will still be permitted to be uploaded.

I agree there is an influx of admin themes. But is the same thing as what I like to call “The curse of the preloader” over at Flashden. It’s a popular thing to make, and they look great, and sell well, so you get a lot of them uploaded.

I don’t think reviewers will discriminate against template types, if its designed, and laid out well, and functions properly. Of course they still get rejected, just the same if there is something wrong.

9 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
ElegantSeagulls says

I think most designers want every aspect of their site to look and function great. Why would you not keep your site consistent and professional especially if you can buy an admin template for $10.

342 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
reidknorr says

@xdozex

Thanks for the input, I’m glad to see that coming from you!!!

413 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
altinkum says

My point is do not drop or change the quality of this site but l know a lot commenters admin theme makers so hard to explaine so you r the designer so please do how you like if you cant take comments.

1912 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Canada
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
+3 more
TPN Staff says

The only reason I come on here is because of the Admin Themes.

by
by
by
by
by
by