• Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+1 more
tahadaf says

Hi developers and designers,

We have just launched a campaign on Indiegogo site which is backed by Google. About our new project which we really think is going to change the world. It’s a mobile app for restaurants, a kind of social network but not limited to that! You may learn more about it here: http://igg.me/at/kindchef/x/4836930

Honestly, there are two reasons why I am talking about it here:
1) we have introduced some perks, called Web developer’s perks, which if you choose, then we will send you many different designs and code snippets that we will be using while building the project which they will surely help you a lot in your own projects.

2) the second reason is to spread the word about the campaign because we won’t be able to change the world if people are not supporting the idea… so if you even just share it you have helped us a lot.

I hope this post is not looking like a shameless self-promotion. I never do that :) it’s just that the idea is so big and revolutionary that I think it does sound righteous to talk about it and may be interesting for all of us as web developers.

Please visit the link above and find more information about it for yourself.

The most important way that you can help us, is by sharing the campaign link with your friends.

Please feel free to ask any questions,
Best,
MyFlashlab team.

475 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
FlatKing says

Backed by google? It’s got one backer “Joanne T” the creator of the Indiegogo campaign.

208 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
tahadaf says

Backed by google? It’s got one backer “Joanne T” the creator of the Indiegogo campaign.

I’m saying the Indiegogo site is backed by Google not our campaign :) It’s actually about a couple of hours that our campaign is launched…

Ali

32 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
owwwlab says

I hope the best for you and your colleagues with the project.

ps. happy to see such active and talented guys around, If you need a hand let me know.

Alireza

owwwlab

571 posts
AlexFjord says

Are you sure Indegogo is backed by Google? Is there any evidence of that? I know they partnered together with some others to launch the German site but that is not the same thing.

As part of an agency who works directly with Kickstarter’s platform I would be really keen to see anything that can explain that in more detail.

As for the app – there are some cool features especially the game. It will be interesting to see how/if it pans out. The free food aspect could be a tough sell especially to some of the bigger chains unless you have some serious adoption of the app. We helped plan and continue to support several years on one of the biggest real time restaurant based app in the UK – we don’t have any games but do have a location based rewards scheme and a highly interactive and engaged community.

Obviously I have not seen your app in practice and you may have some secret tricks up your sleeve and I would be really interested to know what your market research showed up as I am not sure you are going to change the world. Based on your description on Indegogo, you are missing a couple of major core features, and there are several apps in this category especially UK and US based with some serious weight behind them and who do it very very well.

Either way I wish you luck and from experience hope you know what you are getting into. All the best…

438 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • United States
ThemeBeans says

First off, good luck with it. Just a tidbit of advice: Maybe present a clear and present goal/focus of the app, instead of all the different attributes (like on this part: http://thmbns.co/TJ0o).

Seems that the apps that are clearly focused tend to do much better in the long run.

208 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
tahadaf says

I hope the best for you and your colleagues with the project.

ps. happy to see such active and talented guys around, If you need a hand let me know.

Alireza

owwwlab

Thanks. let’s hope for the best.

Are you sure Indegogo is backed by Google? Is there any evidence of that? I know they partnered together with some others …

hmm, that was what I thought initially but I doubt it now. anyway, it’s a verified site as far as I know. so I think you’re right.

First off, good luck with it. Just a tidbit of advice: Maybe present a clear and present goal/focus of the app, instead of all the different attributes (like on this part: http://thmbns.co/TJ0o). Seems that the apps that are clearly focused tend to do much better in the long run.

thanks for the input. actually our intention is to build the app itself and considering that it has a lot of features, I had to talk about them all. maybe we should have focused on small features of the app first… this is our first shot with indiegogo anyway. if it works, that’s great and we will start building and if it does not, we will surly create smaller campaigns to build smaller parts first and then put everything together…

Hadi

490 posts uouapps
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Jordan
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
uouapps says

Salam Ali,

just some few comments and questions:

1- the video is friendly but you need to go straight to the point i watched to the end just to provide you with feedback but if I would have been a visitor I would have skpped after the first 30/45 seconds, because you need to consider it as an elevator pitch, the first 30 sec are crucial because this will decide whether the person will keep watching or will leave (you can perhaps check the stats of the average time that a person stays on your video if it’s less than 30 sec then you should definitely do sometihng about it)

2- rather than promising to change the world, focus your message on something realistic like bringing a value added contribution to the Restaurant businesses or Increasing Restaurant Booking by 30% something like this

3- i don’t really know if augemented reality will create any impact because people go to restaurants for the pleasure of being served and receiving advices from a human being, maybe in MacDonalds for kids this augmented reality could work but not in a real restaurant (that’s my personal opinion i might be wrong of course)

Questions:

1- what kind of algoriths did you develop for this app ? 2- did you include a Database of meals that are connected to every restaurant if yes then how did you get the menus per restaurant ? and is this based on a specific geographical area or it’s anywhere you go ?

Cheers & all the best

UOU Apps

208 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
tahadaf says
We have changed the video presentation… now what’s your ideas? in this new video we have clearly explained what we’re going to do and what benefits the app has :) http://youtu.be/FBsqvCgkVBg

Ali

by
by
by
by
by
by