129 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Located in Romania
+1 more
MarioLucianAndreano says

Hi there!
Art-of-Sound has already explained very well about the license, but I’d like to go a little off topic (not much though :) ) and ask (once again): How is it possible that for a broadcasting use (of ALL kinds: radio, TV, regional, national etc…) ENVATO still does not have a separate (much higher in price) license…???

In my opinion selling a track for broadcasting is much more important than selling for re-selling purpose…People who buy for commercial for ex. have a high budget and their final product will always be something much more important than the usual web video…

I’m fine with selling with 17$ to an independent web project…BUT I’m pretty sure you agree that selling a track for that same 17$ and then seeing it (and hearing it) on national television tens of times a day is NOT quiet alright….

I’ve heard so many many times AudioJungle tracks on national television both in Romania and Italy… TimMcMorris, metrolightmusic, jhunger and so on…

Sorry for the long post and I know that has already been discussed but it’s something that still hasn’t been solved…

Cheers!

815 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Art-of-Sound says

Exactly because of that I described my experience with Envato as frustrating in their last survey.

358 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
MeGustaMusic says

Hi there!
Art-of-Sound has already explained very well about the license, but I’d like to go a little off topic (not much though :) ) and ask (once again): How is it possible that for a broadcasting use (of ALL kinds: radio, TV, regional, national etc…) ENVATO still does not have a separate (much higher in price) license…???

In my opinion selling a track for broadcasting is much more important than selling for re-selling purpose…People who buy for commercial for ex. have a high budget and their final product will always be something much more important than the usual web video…

I’m fine with selling with 17$ to an independent web project…BUT I’m pretty sure you agree that selling a track for that same 17$ and then seeing it (and hearing it) on national television tens of times a day is NOT quiet alright….

I’ve heard so many many times AudioJungle tracks on national television both in Romania and Italy… TimMcMorris, metrolightmusic, jhunger and so on…

Sorry for the long post and I know that has already been discussed but it’s something that still hasn’t been solved…

Cheers!

+1 Is something thats always discussed but never worked out

854 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+7 more
PhilLarson says

And I have recently talked to people who have worked for companies willing to drop $300-$900 per song just so they know for sure that they aren’t violating the unclear license restrictions of AudioJungle. People who are looking for broadcast licensing have the money to buy a higher-priced license. This will definitely work out for Envato. I don’t know why more licensing options are not being explored… or if they are, it would be helpful to expect a timeframe for that to come.

I know licensing concerns have been discussed in the past, even by staff… but rather vaguely. I understand AudioJungle was shooting for a certain kind of market looking for affordability while we were growing… but now we’ve grown and could grow faster with more licensing options. The time for AudioJungle license reform is now. People will look at what AJ has to offer, see that it’s not very clearly defined and go somewhere else that is more clearly defined since they have the budget to do so, and paying a higher price now is better than getting sued later. Clearly defined licenses make sense for long-term marketplace sustainability. Which will help ALL of us grow – Envato AND authors.

Let’s keep this conversation going. :)

MarioLucianAndreano
MarioLucianAndreano Recent Posts Threads Started
129 posts
  • Located in Romania
+1 more
MarioLucianAndreano says

And I have recently talked to people who have worked for companies willing to drop $300-$900 per song just so they know for sure that they aren’t violating the unclear license restrictions of AudioJungle. People who are looking for broadcast licensing have the money to buy a higher-priced license. This will definitely work out for Envato. I don’t know why more licensing options are not being explored… or if they are, it would be helpful to expect a timeframe for that to come.

I know licensing concerns have been discussed in the past, even by staff… but rather vaguely. I understand AudioJungle was shooting for a certain kind of market looking for affordability while we were growing… but now we’ve grown and could grow faster with more licensing options. The time for AudioJungle license reform is now. People will look at what AJ has to offer, see that it’s not very clearly defined and go somewhere else that is more clearly defined since they have the budget to do so, and paying a higher price now is better than getting sued later. Clearly defined licenses make sense for long-term marketplace sustainability. Which will help ALL of us grow – Envato AND authors.

I totally agree :)

407 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
+4 more
illuminations says

“You are licensed to use the Item to create one single End Product for yourself or for one client (a “single application”), and the End Product can be distributed for Free.

This is a little disconcerting for me. It simply doesn’t make sense in the context of music licensing. I can understand it’s purpose and use in other marketplaces i.e. codecanyon, photodune but for music libraries licensing this is just a bypass for having to purchase a full extended license which is still INCREDIBLY cheap if you are being placed in a national commercial.

I’m curious how other RF Music Library companies structure the license fee depending on the usage. I mean I understand how audiojungle is easy and affordable for people to use, and the customers don’t have to fill out tons of paperwork to use this stuff but there still must be some protection of our music. In addition, it seems this type of business practice really continues the watering down of our industry as a whole. The value of what we do is becoming cheaper and cheaper making it ultimately harder and harder to make any decent living in the music business.

Envato needs to look at this part of the license agreements again. In particular the ability for a “client” to use a standard license to sell our music for a commercial purpose with only the need for a “standard license”. I think in particular for the AJ marketplace if the work is going to be used in a commercial purpose like this ultimately the “extended license” needs to be purchased. For me, this would be a minimum where ultimately I would like to see a more tiered extended license options and pay structure depending on how it was being used.

1413 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
lucafrancini Envato team says

Cool coincidence :)

I totally agree with this ;)

75 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
Bmoosic says

First, Congratulations! How incredible it must’ve felt to hear your own music in that moment!! Amazing. I’m still new to this game and sometimes feel that I write tracks that are “shot up in the air and land… I do not know where!” ha ha! I have learned a lot in just a few months of uploading tunes, listening to the big sellers, and reading the boards, so I too will continue to subscribe to this thread - there’s a lot of interesting discussion around the extended license component. Congrats again and I hope you get some answers to your dilemma around payment/licensing.

854 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+7 more
PhilLarson says

“You are licensed to use the Item to create one single End Product for yourself or for one client (a “single application”), and the End Product can be distributed for Free.

This is a little disconcerting for me. It simply doesn’t make sense in the context of music licensing. I can understand it’s purpose and use in other marketplaces i.e. codecanyon, photodune but for music libraries licensing this is just a bypass for having to purchase a full extended license which is still INCREDIBLY cheap if you are being placed in a national commercial.

I’m curious how other RF Music Library companies structure the license fee depending on the usage. I mean I understand how audiojungle is easy and affordable for people to use, and the customers don’t have to fill out tons of paperwork to use this stuff but there still must be some protection of our music. In addition, it seems this type of business practice really continues the watering down of our industry as a whole. The value of what we do is becoming cheaper and cheaper making it ultimately harder and harder to make any decent living in the music business.

Envato needs to look at this part of the license agreements again. In particular the ability for a “client” to use a standard license to sell our music for a commercial purpose with only the need for a “standard license”. I think in particular for the AJ marketplace if the work is going to be used in a commercial purpose like this ultimately the “extended license” needs to be purchased. For me, this would be a minimum where ultimately I would like to see a more tiered extended license options and pay structure depending on how it was being used.

+1,000!

5 posts
+1 more
CBrains says

I totally Agree!

by
by
by
by
by
by