VF says

:D

26 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
ultrazonemusic says

bitfade, what is the 3rd badge under your avatar?

:)

988 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
thomas07 says

alright, author for over 4 years now…and i know my items sucks, but…even that, i want to know finaly when is my turn to have one of my items included in the envato bundles

...ermmm, never mind, can wait another 4 years :D

988 posts
+4 more
thomas07 says

I feel the same. I remember in the earlier times, they told bundles being made for traffic gain. Later I have seen an April fool bundle which pointed they are just playing with risky jokes on such traffic. And recent few bundles point clearly the purpose is not for traffic gain. May be it is time for Envato to share exactly for what purpose the bundles being made, any staff answer/clarification?

if bundles being made only for traffic gain, then i must agree with VF…risky jokes is good idea. Then why not do something really different, lets just name the next bundle “now the loosers” and bundle most worst items…just as a joke and see how it goes. I bet sales wont be less than the other “quality” bundles.

...envato please consider any of my items, at least this time :bigsmile:

2241 posts Digital Artist
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+11 more
crozer says

Stay on point, will you? This is about the community asking Envato to share more information with us authors, and a critique towards the methodology of running a bundle all too often.

Got it? Now stop saying somebody is criticizing bundles themselves, because no one is.

988 posts
+4 more
thomas07 says

Why are people always so sensitive? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo7zkd0kRS4 So I don’t blame Envato for trying to make money. They’re running a business after all. But as VF points out above, what started as a relatively small program continues to expand over time. And if we don’t voice concerns about this now, who’s to say the program won’t just continue to expand?

cant agree more with you and VF, you guys will remember, in the past with the first 1-2 bundle releases i was maybe the one making the biggest alarm on the forums and against bundles…and at that times i pointed to what happens today 8-) ...DejaVu

988 posts
+4 more
thomas07 says

Stay on point, will you? This is about the community asking Envato to share more information with us authors, and a critique towards the methodology of running a bundle all too often. Got it? Now stop saying somebody is criticizing bundles themselves, because no one is.

yeah i got it…trust me envato shared enough information with us in the past about bundle releases and why and so on, this time wont be different…got it?

911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
Carmen says

Hi guys,

I’ve been reading through this thread and I’m grateful for your feedback about the Bundles. I know this Bundle is coming pretty soon after the last one. The reason for this is that we wanted to create a seasonal Bundle for our buyers before the festive season kicks off.

Clearly being a part of the Bundle benefits the authors involved. However, it also benefits the marketplaces in general. Bundles promote the marketplaces and the items we have here, they introduce buyers to new marketplaces and showcase speciality items. May people who come to our site through Bundle promotions end up becoming long term buyers (not just of Bundles).

In no way are we planning to have a weekly or daily Bundle (I would probably die of stress if we did). We are still refining and learning about the Bundle process as we go and will definitely be taking on board your suggestions about including different authors.

As always, thanks for having your say. :)

1332 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
Pricop says

Hi guys,

I’ve been reading through this thread and I’m grateful for your feedback about the Bundles. I know this Bundle is coming pretty soon after the last one. The reason for this is that we wanted to create a seasonal Bundle for our buyers before the festive season kicks off.

Clearly being a part of the Bundle benefits the authors involved. However, it also benefits the marketplaces in general. Bundles promote the marketplaces and the items we have here, they introduce buyers to new marketplaces and showcase speciality items. May people who come to our site through Bundle promotions end up becoming long term buyers (not just of Bundles).

In no way are we planning to have a weekly or daily Bundle (I would probably die of stress if we did). We are still refining and learning about the Bundle process as we go and will definitely be taking on board your suggestions about including different authors.

As always, thanks for having your say. :)

So this bundle is before the festive season comes in, and one when the festive season arrives? because if so, then indeed it will ruin our sales, personally I already see drop of sales, and I hope by festive season you mean the Christmas/Winter one.

1745 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

So this bundle is before the festive season comes in, and one when the festive season arrives? because if so, then indeed it will ruin our sales, personally I already see drop of sales, and I hope by festive season you mean the Christmas/Winter one.

No I think what Carmen means here is this is the appropriate time to release a season bundle, before the season (Christmas/Winter) kicks off. When the festive season comes, buyers will no way staying in front of the screen browsing items anymore, they got things to do with real life; so this is the time.

However the bundle is a bit too close to the Print Designer one so it makes authors worried. So Envato should have learned about timing the bundle right here :). Bundles are great, they show off some of the best qualified items on this market; and actually I have nothing against Envato gaining more profit from these. But everything needs a plan and the benefits should be balanced between parties. If it’s about getting more profit then you guys should invest a part of those profits back into the functions of the Marketplace, into things that we suggested long ago and wait hopelessly. That’s what really matters here (at least to me).

by
by
by
by
by
by