988 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
thomas07 says

Stay on point, will you? This is about the community asking Envato to share more information with us authors, and a critique towards the methodology of running a bundle all too often. Got it? Now stop saying somebody is criticizing bundles themselves, because no one is.
yeah i got it…trust me envato shared enough information with us in the past about bundle releases and why and so on, this time wont be different…got it?
I wasn’t talking to you.

oops, sory dude, please accept my apology.

2010 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
bitfade says

I know this Bundle is coming pretty soon after the last one. The reason for this is that we wanted to create a seasonal Bundle for our buyers before the festive season kicks off.

In no way are we planning to have a weekly or daily Bundle
You didn’t exclude “monthly”, seeing only 3 weeks between last two, can i assume that’s envato new strategy ? monthly bundles which run for a week ?

and can you please clarify “seasonal” ? because i hardly believe we’re only going to see xmas/winter related TF templates/themes included in this one.

Honestly ? i do see a very dangerous trend here.

7776 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
doru says

You didn’t exclude “monthly”, seeing only 3 weeks between last two, can i assume that’s envato new strategy ? monthly bundles which run for a week ?

November 2012 – Holiday Bundle

December 2012 – New Year Bundle

January 2013 – Love Bundle

... and go on

hopefully will see at max the December bundle since after that is the end of the world, everybody back to the caves to hunt grizzly bears so no more big problems related to the sales on the marketplace

632 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
Thecodingdude says

Hi guys,

I’ve been reading through this thread and I’m grateful for your feedback about the Bundles. I know this Bundle is coming pretty soon after the last one. The reason for this is that we wanted to create a seasonal Bundle for our buyers before the festive season kicks off.

Clearly being a part of the Bundle benefits the authors involved. However, it also benefits the marketplaces in general. Bundles promote the marketplaces and the items we have here, they introduce buyers to new marketplaces and showcase speciality items. May people who come to our site through Bundle promotions end up becoming long term buyers (not just of Bundles).

In no way are we planning to have a weekly or daily Bundle (I would probably die of stress if we did). We are still refining and learning about the Bundle process as we go and will definitely be taking on board your suggestions about including different authors.

As always, thanks for having your say. :)

You replied right on cue as I expected – well done :)

Envato is becoming too lame, predictable and boring. This is about the 5th thread to generate community debate and nothing will be done, this thread will die out, and there will be another one in a few months, then the staff will reply saying “everything’s fine” or “it’s in the pipline”.

Speak with your actions and not with your words please.

3180 posts
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Won a competition
+15 more
dtbaker Moderator says

this is great!

fyi:

http://envatobundles.com/

5 bundles in 2011

4 bundles so far in 2012, with this upcoming “holiday bundle” making it 5.

5 bundles a year is perfectly fine IMHO

632 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
Thecodingdude says

this is great!

fyi:

http://envatobundles.com/

5 bundles in 2011

4 bundles so far in 2012, with this upcoming “holiday bundle” making it 5.

5 bundles a year is perfectly fine IMHO

You would say that since you’re an Elite author and been featured in a bundle. Think about those who may not make as much money as you.

5 bundles in a year makes a new bundle every 2.4 months which is far too frequent.

895 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
Koolgfx says

One of my files was chosen for this Bundle. I am very happy. :D Thanks Envato :inlove:

However, I think that, despite my earnings are not high, the frequency of the bundle is not a problem. Honestly, I never noticed declining or increasing sales during the sale of the bundle, so for me there is no problem.

Obviously I hope that this Bundle will sell a lot haha. XD

3781 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

As others have mentioned, I think applying the rule that no author can be included in more than one bundle would go some way to making the bundle system fairer.

3180 posts
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Won a competition
+15 more
dtbaker Moderator says

Only two bundles a year would mean a very long time for all active/exceptional/outstanding/whatever authors to get featured in a bundle. Some bundles do not include items from all marketplaces – it might be five years before a non-birthday bundle covers a particular marketplace if the envato crew were limited to two a year.

Having themed bundles is much better than a broad “all marketplace items” bundle. And generally bundle themes will restrict which marketplace items can come from.

Some marketplaces only get included in two bundles a year currently anyway. 3D ocean has only had 1 bundle so far this year, and that was only 3 items. I’m sure those guys would want a few more thrown their way.

Bundles, competitions, elite – it’s all a bit of fun – and that little bit of extra motivation/goals for the more active authors on this marketplace to strive towards.

Each to their own, I’m personally looking forward to the holiday bundle.

3608 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

Bundles, competitions, elite – it’s all a bit of fun – and that little bit of extra motivation/goals for the more active authors on this marketplace to strive towards.

What motivation are you talking about, when no one controls who gets in the bundle and for what reasons? What motivation when the same author gets featured in three bundles / year for absolutely no reason? What motivation? Bundles only harm us .. they decrease the value of our work in the eyes of the buyers. If we increase the bundle frequency regular buyers will stop buying items. They’ll just “wait for the next bundle”..

Maybe i’m just paranoiac, but all bundles do for regular authors like me is just decrease their sales. I’ve experienced this on each bundle..

by
by
by
by
by
by