• Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
CodingJack says

May people who come to our site through Bundle promotions end up becoming long term buyers (not just of Bundles).

Are they any new member statistics you can share with us like the average percentage increase? Also, if Envato isn’t advertising the bundle outside of the marketplaces and sister-sites, how are we reaching out to new members?

In no way are we planning to have a weekly or daily Bundle.

Does this mean a monthly bundle isn’t out of the question?

2518 posts Community Officer
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
+16 more
contrastblack Staff says

May people who come to our site through Bundle promotions end up becoming long term buyers (not just of Bundles).
Are they any new member statistics you can share with us like the average percentage increase? Also, if Envato isn’t advertising the bundle outside of the marketplaces and sister-sites, how are we reaching out to new members?

I have 1 word for you. Referral. (*based on the 2 mil+ userbase, even a minor percentage bring in huge amounts of traffic) Which brings us to yet another funky chapter of “fairness” regarding the referral system, but I rather not go that route :D

5311 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+5 more
CodingJack says

From the posts made over the years by the staff I also understood that there is no big increase in the amount of money spend on the marketplace while the bundles are up. This was an answer on author concerns over drop in sales when bundles are sold. Doing some simple math we deduct that money normally spent on items in a certain time frame go into bundles. I’m really curios if this is correct.

Even if the money earned is a wash, buyers still benefit which is good for customer loyalty. Only problem is, unless a significant number of members enter the marketplace, authors are surely losing.

The other problem with bundles is that they significantly decrease buyer demand. For example, we sell products that people need. And every time a buyer stockpiles $500 worth of products, that’s $500 worth of products they won’t need in the future. Again, authors lose.

So how do authors win? Simple: By being selected for a bundle and getting a piece of the pie! But this is exactly why including the same authors multiple times is so disheartening.

5226 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+9 more
KingDog Staff says

If it helps, we’re currently doing a lot more analysis on the Bundles as well as our author selection process. We even have a new staff member (Alex) who’s going to be digging deep into the numbers and running a whole battery of tests to see what’s working and what’s not :)

7207 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

OK!

We are stuck. some of us do not like bundles, envato will not stop creating bundles anytime soon and they will not include a certain author item just because some users on the forum ask for this.

So we need to move on

I will be ok with bundles every day if at least we get the long list of features asked in the past, a small list could be

better ratings system, awesome search, many more methods of promoting the marketplace not just bundles, new marketplace design, shopping cart + wish list, a transparent and useful anti-piracy program with staff dedicated to this matter, improved dashboard, the analytics included in the overall marketplace design (like youtube with video statistics), staff back to forum to collaborate with authors and buyers, finally fight against adobe and take flashden name back, pink, blue and white unicorns + free saddle included. and off course the rest of features that I forget at the moment.

7207 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+1 more
doru says

From the posts made over the years by the staff I also understood that there is no big increase in the amount of money spend on the marketplace while the bundles are up. This was an answer on author concerns over drop in sales when bundles are sold. Doing some simple math we deduct that money normally spent on items in a certain time frame go into bundles. I’m really curios if this is correct.
The other problem with bundles is that they significantly decrease buyer demand. For example, we sell products that people need. And every time a buyer stockpiles $500 worth of products, that’s $500 worth of products they won’t need in the future. Again, authors lose.

that is the reason why I purchased the last bundle. I need a theme so I was planning on spending 45$ or more but since the bundle had three of theme for 20$ I got that.

And to not speak about the photos from photodune. I would had purchased more than 20$ of photos in the future anyway for my after effects projects so having around 28 photos in the same prices is a deal one can’t turn down.

1034 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
BenSheppard says

OK!

We are stuck. some of us do not like bundles, envato will not stop creating bundles anytime soon and they will not include a certain author item just because some users on the forum ask for this.

So we need to move on

I will be ok with bundles every day if at least we get the long list of features asked in the past, a small list could be

better ratings system, awesome search, many more methods of promoting the marketplace not just bundles, new marketplace design, shopping cart + wish list, a transparent and useful anti-piracy program with staff dedicated to this matter, improved dashboard, the analytics included in the overall marketplace design (like youtube with video statistics), staff back to forum to collaborate with authors and buyers, finally fight against adobe and take flashden name back, pink, blue and white unicorns + free saddle included. and off course the rest of features that I forget at the moment.

+1 except unicorns at the top of the list please.

1374 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Slovenia
Anps says

OK!

So we need to move on

+1 from me too… great post!

211 posts
  • Canada
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
KBRmedia says

I have always wondered how these bundles profit the authors that have items in them? They lose a lot money no? The only good thing is that they increase their rep…

3747 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says

I have always wondered how these bundles profit the authors that have items in them? They lose a lot money no? The only good thing is that they increase their rep…

loose?! Make some calculations based on bundle sales.

by
by
by
by
by
by