1468 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

Would like to know also home much do they get per sale?

3544 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

I have always wondered how these bundles profit the authors that have items in them? They lose a lot money no? The only good thing is that they increase their rep…
loose?! Make some calculations based on bundle sales.

I’m not sure about this, but don’t you think that if 6000 buy your theme in a bundle that theme will die? I don’t know, just being curious..

7390 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

everyone should make a petition to envato to include one of my items in the next bundle and then, once I’m in, I will answer all the questions above.

4641 posts Love & Light
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

The bundle is more of a gimmick, yes authors selected can make a lot of money being in the bundle, and some might argue this impacts other authors sales, but those bundle files only sell well for a limited time, until their out of the bundle. Who knows how that would impact sales to those files afterwards. I think instead of complaining or questioning fairness, just focus on your own files, and make something that would sell well over time. Too many great authors to create fairness with bundles etc, so why waste your energy on things you can’t control, and focus on things you can, like making good files. Bundles will come and go, but good files will stick around and over time be far more profitable.

212 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+3 more
KBRmedia says

I have always wondered how these bundles profit the authors that have items in them? They lose a lot money no? The only good thing is that they increase their rep…
loose?! Make some calculations based on bundle sales.

Wait… so if a theme costs 45$ and it is sold in the bundle for 20$, does the author get a cut of 45$ or 20$ ??? By the way, is there a page explaining all bundle related questions on Envato?

3923 posts After Effects Templates
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
miseld says
Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.
Mr. Bill Gates

I like this thread :) anyway I agree with Doru

187 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
+2 more
RomacMedia says

Good day fellow members,

October was the best month ever for most authors even though there was a bundle. I don’t know much but I think people will buy what they want for a specific reason. Most people will buy the bundle because it is convenient but they still would buy what they need differently because the bundle might not have exactly what they want. Just my thought, good luck with sales during this time!

Best regards, RomacMedia

2131 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+6 more
urbazon says

better ratings system, awesome search, many more methods of promoting the marketplace not just bundles, new marketplace design, shopping cart + wish list, a transparent and useful anti-piracy program with staff dedicated to this matter, improved dashboard, the analytics included in the overall marketplace design (like youtube with video statistics), staff back to forum to collaborate with authors and buyers, finally fight against adobe and take flashden name back, pink, blue and white unicorns + free saddle included. and off course the rest of features that I forget at the moment.

+1

We need (these) improvements to be finally implemented!!!

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose. Mr. Bill Gates

Great quote, Misel ;)

5348 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

I think instead of complaining or questioning fairness, just focus on your own files, and make something that would sell well over time. Too many great authors to create fairness with bundles etc, so why waste your energy on things you can’t control, and focus on things you can, like making good files. Bundles will come and go, but good files will stick around and over time be far more profitable.

“Focus on what you can control” is a good attitude to have. But in the context of this thread, it’s kind of a defeatist attitude. Because we’re trying to influence the marketplaces with our voice. Whether that’s effective or not, who knows, but some people think it’s worth the effort :)

2131 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+6 more
urbazon says

“Focus on what you can control” is a good attitude to have. But in the context of this thread, it’s kind of a defeatist attitude. Because we’re trying to influence the marketplaces with our voice. Whether that’s effective or not, who knows, but some people think it’s worth the effort :)

Actually, we (by “we” I mean “authors”) have the power to control even this kind of situations. Or at least to “negotiate” :) Many of the authors who shared their opinion in this thread are successful in their own fields/marketplaces. If this (or any other) issue gets so bad or unsatisfying, authors can always commit an envatocide ( :D ) and remind Envato that there’s nothing without authors around here…

I’m not saying that we should do it because of the bundles issue, just wanted to share another point of view on this matter.

And now I just realized that I never shared my opinion on the topic :D From what I could observe, I had no significant changes in sales/earnings behavior during any of the bundle periods (except the one I was featured in, which brought a few extra dollars). But nevertheless I agree with many points raised during this discussion, especially with the necessity to choose different authors and also showcase different marketplaces (for example, a few of you mentioned 3dOcean, which has very poor sales count and desperately demands dealing with) rather just focusing on ThemeForest in every possible occasion.

by
by
by
by
by
by