• Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

I just want to step in here and mention a few things as I have been reading this forum thread since it started. I’m excited to be in the bundle for sure. I also understand where everyone is coming from on this thread, heck I was even quoted from a few years ago when all this started. I also understand what the issues are and in no way do I disagree with the points in this thread at all.

Honestly, this bundle actually looks like it states it’s supposed to be – holiday stuff only. Other bundles, as has been mentioned, have not followed what it says it’s going to be (as in the print design bundle where 80% of it wasn’t anything to do with print) – I also agree the main benefactors of bundles are the authors contained within it – has my point of view changed? Nope. Honestly though, I need the money.

I love designing all my products but given the choice of sitting on my ass is far more attractive to me – but alas I have a large family and not one of them works a full time job outside of the home (we ALL lost our jobs earlier this year) – my wife and I are what makes the team that supports, creates, designs and codes all our themes etc and we work darned hard at it, trust me, 7 days a week and at least 12 hours per day. So when Envato came knocking at the door with the chance to actually get in a bundle, I jumped at it – call me a sell-out if you wish, it’s all good.

And just for the record, my 2 included items are actually far less earning percentage of the bundle than those who have had a WordPress theme included at $50 – mine add up to basically $31 I believe.

I will keep updating to offer my thoughts on how the bundle does, or does not effect my usual sales goals per day and week to offer my input.

Again, please don’t hate me, it’s rather exciting being part of a bundle and I know I am one of the very lucky few to get the opportunity.

Jonathan

8225 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says
5319 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
CodingJack says

Again, please don’t hate me, it’s rather exciting being part of a bundle and I know I am one of the very lucky few to get the opportunity.

No hard feelings from me. I’m happy for any author who gets a chance to earn more from the marketplaces. And I hope you and your family end up with a nice Christmas bonus :)

2566 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+14 more
contrastblack Staff says

On another note, it’s oh so nice to see SO many 3DOcean items included. I mean… yeah. Think this is the second bundle without 3DO. The print one I could get…. but really? What, no “items” could be found to fit the profile? ( http://3docean.net/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&order_by=sales&term=christmas )

I don’t even have enough items to care about it, let alone any that would fit the theme, but I do care for the simple value of the actually contributing authors to 3DO.

Oh, snap, ranting on again about a marketplace apparently nobody even cares about :D (if this sounds harsh, maybe just consider checking out how often one has to ask something, within the 3do forums, about a simple thing before it get’s answered by anyone but myself)

894 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
infuse01 says

Oh, snap, ranting on again about a marketplace apparently nobody even cares about :D (if this sounds harsh, maybe just consider checking out how often one has to ask something, within the 3do forums, about a simple thing before it get’s answered by anyone but myself)

Oh shut up – finally your marketplace was the first with the new search and filter functionality. What else do you want :D:D

2566 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+14 more
contrastblack Staff says

Oh shut up – finally your marketplace was the first with the new search and filter functionality. What else do you want :D:D

I know right ? :D:D so shameless of me. We can now effectively filter our way to victory.

5857 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+3 more
VF says

I know right ? :D:D so shameless of me. We can now effectively filter our way to victory.

I guess since 3DO is low traffic one, it became a beta testing place for their new/risky attempts :P

On topic, the holiday bundle didn’t include any non-holiday files! Great to see such fair decisions.

1519 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Bedros says

Today I saw the BUNDLE thingy at top of the browser window , but before that Firefox warned me with the big red line below..:
“REPORTED ATTACK SITE ”
This is a true story :D

Note: A bundle is like a JarJar in a StarWars movie.

1660 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
+4 more
flashedge says

I think I’ll skip this bundle. It’s a bit too dull for me.

1519 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Bedros says

Today I saw the BUNDLE thingy at top of the browser window , but before that Firefox warned me with the big red line below..:
“REPORTED ATTACK SITE ”
This is a true story :D

Anybody else experiencing this issue in Firefox..?
by
by
by
by
by
by