• Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+1 more
Raincutter says

Today I saw the BUNDLE thingy at top of the browser window , but before that Firefox warned me with the big red line below..:
“REPORTED ATTACK SITE ”
This is a true story :D

Anybody else experiencing this issue in Firefox..?

Nope. Nothing here.

1989 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+4 more
bitfade says

On topic, the holiday bundle didn’t include any non-holiday files! Great to see such fair decisions.
after the print bundle, i was sure there would have been “common” items in it. Glad to see i was wrong.
2211 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
+4 more
crozer says

Oh, snap, ranting on again about a marketplace apparently nobody even cares about :D (if this sounds harsh, maybe just consider checking out how often one has to ask something, within the 3do forums, about a simple thing before it get’s answered by anyone but myself)
Oh shut up – finally your marketplace was the first with the new search and filter functionality. What else do you want :D:D
I know right ? :D:D so shameless of me. We can now effectively filter our way to victory.

What is this 3DOcean you all talk about? :D

2275 posts Community Team
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+13 more
contrastblack Staff says

Oh, snap, ranting on again about a marketplace apparently nobody even cares about :D (if this sounds harsh, maybe just consider checking out how often one has to ask something, within the 3do forums, about a simple thing before it get’s answered by anyone but myself)
Oh shut up – finally your marketplace was the first with the new search and filter functionality. What else do you want :D:D
I know right ? :D:D so shameless of me. We can now effectively filter our way to victory.

It’s similar to Codecanyon&Activeden. The only thing you need to know about them is that you don’t have any items on them yet :D btw, congrats on your 5200th sale! :)

2211 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
+4 more
crozer says

It’s similar to Codecanyon&Activeden. The only thing you need to know about them is that you don’t have any items on them yet :D btw, congrats on your 5200th sale! :)

Thank you! Hadn’t noticed that. I see you come from the mysterious 3DOcean lands.. either way, I always thought that marketplace would level-up, but if you think about it, it is really senseless to compete against BOSH design, the Evermotion Archmodels, Turbosquid and whatnot, who already have a solid support from VFX studios and agencies.

6767 posts
  • Italy
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
doru says

the problem with 3D objects is the complexity in handling the files for a beginner in the field. But this is changing as we speak.

The situation is similar with website management 10 years ago and how it is now. Today one can customize, manage, publish with minimal to no knowledge of advanced web language by using wordpress or similar. In the past that would had been impossible for a beginner.

So what the world needs is simple tools to deal with complex 3D files. One example could be Element 3D from video copilot. https://www.videocopilot.net/products/element/ this plugin gives you a simple interface to include and animate 3D objects inside After Effects.

So in three four years maybe who knows, 3DOcean will be like themeforest.

2211 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
+4 more
crozer says

the problem with 3D objects is the complexity in handling the files for a beginner in the field. But this is changing as we speak.

The situation is similar with website management 10 years ago and how it is now. Today one can customize, manage, publish with minimal to no knowledge of advanced web language by using wordpress or similar. In the past that would had been impossible for a beginner.

So what the world needs is simple tools to deal with complex 3D files. One example could be Element 3D from video copilot. https://www.videocopilot.net/products/element/ this plugin gives you a simple interface to include and animate 3D objects inside After Effects.

So in three four years maybe who knows, 3DOcean will be like themeforest.

Perhaps, but that’s the low-range of the spectrum. A professional user, or a studio, or an agency, will never user tools like Element 3D to establish a real workflow/pipeline. Element 3D is a great tool, but it is a joke compared to real VFX /3D/CGI/simulation tools, because it doesn’t use (because it simply can’t use) real mechanisms like raytracing, subsurface-scattering, GI, linear workflows, and the list goes ooooon.

That said, in my opinion 3DOcean has a tough surface above its head. Studios and agencies, and users alike, will rather get a product from an established marketplace (like the aforementioned), or model something on their own, instead of buying one from 3DOcean. Furthermore, 3DOCean is barely known because advertising of it is practically null.

2275 posts Community Team
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+13 more
contrastblack Staff says

That said, in my opinion 3DOcean has a tough surface above its head. Studios and agencies, and users alike, will rather get a product from an established marketplace (like the aforementioned), or model something on their own, instead of buying one from 3DOcean. Furthermore, 3DOCean is barely known because advertising of it is practically null.
Amin to that. All of it. Mostly the last part though :D.

Oh well… if one were to wonder why I have “issues” with this, I can anytime in reply question the reasoning behind just putting yet another product to the Marketplace portfolio, only in the hopes of filling an already over-filled niche (unlike with the case of TF / AD and even AJ at the time of their respective creation.)

Hell, actually, I can’t find any other product in the Envato portfolio that targetted a more unfriendly market in terms of competition and that while at the lowest end in terms of publicity and growth initiative…

Thinking a bit further, maybe a rebranding to HdriHill or something might prove to be more productive > less time wasted reviewing models that don’t sell > less frustration creating said models > more time / interest for the general public to consider creating hdri files and panoramas > the sales speak for such a self-moderation towards that target market, where do you add that this would indeed be a “niche” unlike trying to bring a knife to a sword-party thinking you’re special (i.e. small, insignificant, and… serving a purpose long covered by “better tools” :D )

629 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Thecodingdude says

18 pages in and still not a single decent staff reply. It’s almost like nobody in Envato gives a damn about us. Developers of Envato please chip in!

1363 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
WebSmacker says

18 pages in and still not a single decent staff reply. It’s almost like nobody in Envato gives a damn about us. Developers of Envato please chip in!

They are too busy counting the money coming in from the bundle :) (sarcastic grin)

by
by
by
by
by
by