1571 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Bedros says

Just read through most of the comments and i believe none of you’ll have understand the Bitfade’s real concern (which is also ours)

The sales are already REALLY bad the last few weeks/months and then they trow in two bundles in a month :S. Instead of spending time on wrapping up a bundle package they should IMPROVE the usability of the search system on the site.

I personally don’t care if an author was in a bundle 1000 times, i only care about making money here and it’s getting very tough lately. So much new items are released so a homepage and category page rearrangement is pretty urgent matter.

And as for those people who are nagging about “you already earned 100k+”. Do you have any idea how much time is spend on selling themes here, creating them and supporting themes is a daily task.

+1, Agree…

7438 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Perhaps, but that’s the low-range of the spectrum. A professional user, or a studio, or an agency, will never user tools like Element 3D to establish a real workflow/pipeline. Element 3D is a great tool, but it is a joke compared to real VFX /3D/CGI/simulation tools, because it doesn’t use (because it simply can’t use) real mechanisms like raytracing, subsurface-scattering, GI, linear workflows, and the list goes ooooon.

I’m not sure about this. It doesn’t have the power of vray off course but the speed vs quality is a great + for Element. You need to use the tool for what was made for.

7438 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

sorry for the off topic :)

6000 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

And as for those people who are nagging about “you already earned 100k+”. Do you have any idea how much time is spend on selling themes here, creating them and supporting themes is a daily task.

This is what protects Envato from helping authors to have a deserved interface (recent days even buyers does’t get deserved options). For a GraphicRiver author, if a top selling TF author suggests / advices or complains on forums, it will appear like “Cursing the God” without gratitude. All happens due to less awareness about efforts behind different works.

I doubt if even Collis & Co aware or consider about how rare it is to make a living with theme making / support / update etc (as it takes more than 24/7 to be successful). In the past, some of us may noticed a request thread “help others by sharing how to make successful stock WP themes” for Tuts+ premium. Exactly points Envato lost its rhythm of understanding on efforts behind theme making for stock.

As of now, the usability of site fits fine only for GR and a couple (so they don’t complain anything except rating system). All the remaining marketplaces need special care and attention to match the value and user activity and efforts. I doubt such ideas are there on Envato’s todo list. They appointed community ambassadors to receive all the noises and simply get relieved/escaped from improvements.

2002 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
bitfade says

they trow in two bundles in a month :S. Instead of spending time on wrapping up a bundle package they should IMPROVE the usability of the search system on the site. I personally don’t care if an author was in a bundle 1000 times, i only care about making money here and it’s getting very tough lately. So much new items are released so a homepage and category page rearrangement is pretty urgent matter.
Exactly.

Although this one (unlike the previous) didn’t include completely unrelated general TF items, competition is already damn high as is and the last thing we need right now is having to face 500/20 bundles seven days per month.

But, as other authors pointed out, these threads are just a way to vent frustration. Staff replies always follow the same disappointing pattern and all our concerns and suggestions are just destined to oblivion.

3748 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+9 more
pezflash says

Ok, this is just an idea merged from a bad sleepy night, but…
What about if Envato is growing hugely and quickly in term of files and users (bundles brings a big bunch of new them) for an upcoming BIG sale?

fishy thinking! :P

3545 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

Ok, this is just an idea merged from a bad sleepy night, but…
What about if Envato is growing hugely and quickly in term of files and users (bundles brings a big bunch of new them) for an upcoming BIG sale? fishy thinking! :P

you’re too late .. it was already proposed in this thread several pages ago :D

The big bundle! All marketplace files for just 1$ :D

1479 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

Guess until all big authors here start complaining there won’t be much progress.

3748 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+9 more
pezflash says

you’re too late .. it was already proposed in this thread several pages ago :D

The big bundle! All marketplace files for just 1$ :D

Well, that one was joking. I’m not! :)

689 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
cooledition says

Agreed! Until one day competition arrives and it always does.

Competition already arrived, i cant say theirs name, but they are a very [name removed];)

by
by
by
by
by
by