• Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+5 more
CodingJack says

High quality files by the same users, there is tons of new files every month by tons of new users. I’m guessing the reason people want their file in these bundles is for a bit of publicity.

Personally I think the publicity should go to people that haven’t been included

It should also be noted that a lot of the selected authors contribute nothing to our community here. Just an observation.

1187 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+3 more
Pricop says

High quality files by the same users, there is tons of new files every month by tons of new users. I’m guessing the reason people want their file in these bundles is for a bit of publicity.

Personally I think the publicity should go to people that haven’t been included
It should also be noted that a lot of the selected authors contribute nothing to our community here. Just an observation.

Now that’s totally real, I’ve looked on that list and saw only a few authors that I saw them contributing on the community since I’ve found out about Envato.

3007 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
+2 more
duotive says

Sales are bad. Now it will get worse :)

5541 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Guys, we need to consider the context. As long as the upcoming bundle includes only Holiday based items (very specific to holiday), there should be no harm for regular files (even possible to end up with more traffic).

And releasing a Holiday bundle in the end of December may cause bad result for regular sales of Holiday based items. To avoid that, the best time to release Holiday bundle is ‘now’ and not nearly the peak sales days of holiday items. I guess this is one of the clever and wise/proactive decisions coming from Envato’s side which is surprising :P

It doesn’t mean I encourage bundles but just pointing possible reason for why this particular bundle comes too shortly.

6763 posts
  • Italy
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
doru says

Guys, we need to consider the context. As long as the upcoming bundle includes only Holiday based items, there should be no harm for regular files (if not results more traffic).

last bundle had nothing to do with videohive yet my sales of after effects projects got a big hit during the week the bundle was on.

But anyway, why do we still losing time on speaking on this matter?

3129 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+2 more
ToivoMedia says

Sales are bad. Now it will get worse :)

That’s a winning attitude. :)

5541 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Guys, we need to consider the context. As long as the upcoming bundle includes only Holiday based items, there should be no harm for regular files (if not results more traffic).
last bundle had nothing to do with videohive yet my sales of after effects projects got a big hit during the week the bundle was on.

I think if the bundle includes 2-3 routine files that doesn’t related to Holiday, it will end up stealing regular file’s sales instead of serving as a traffic booster.

5277 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+5 more
CodingJack says

I think if the bundle includes 2-3 routine files that doesn’t related to Holiday, it will end up stealing regular sales instead of serving as a traffic booster.

Well all bundles divert traffic. Whether the user still spends as much time surfing other content as they normally would had they not been distracted by a bundle we don’t really know.

The bundles don’t really bother me as much as they used to (other than picking authors multiple times :( ). And I think most of us have come to terms with them. But seeing 3 bundles in such a short period of time is what’s causing the concern and it’s reasonable to question whether stretching them out more is a better course of action.

1988 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+4 more
bitfade says

I think if the bundle includes 2-3 routine files that doesn’t related to Holiday, it will end up stealing regular file’s sales instead of serving as a traffic booster.
i wonder which holidays related TF template/themes will be included. Bundles as traffic boosters ? never bought it in the past, let alone now, only 3 weeks after the last one.

For sure they are cash booster for envato and a bunch of authors. Screw everyone else.

by
by
by
by
by
by