225 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
h3design says

Hello everyone, I can´t really understand all the criticism against the bundle. If you say bundles make your sales collapse, where´s the proof ? and who says that this concerns every author ?
I wasnt featured in the print designer bundle and still my sales didnt decline notable.
Envato is not a company created by two 12-year-olds… Therefore we should trust in their maketing strategies…

For example, envato bundles enjoy a very large audience. Isnt it obvious that the intention isnt only to promote a few files, but the whole marketplace ? I can´t imagine that a buyer of the bundle doesnt come back to check out other files from the marketplaces. So, with bundles envato also grows the amount of regular buyers, which is profitable for every author out there.

I can understand the criticism about the short length of time between the bundles. Anyway, because of the points i mentioned before, this is also not really something we authors should feel negative about. It´s more other graphics, photos, etc. selling sites that should complain about the bundles because they dont have any chance to compete with these prices..

1113 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
3alisha says

Bundles ? I don’t care! sales on 3dOcean have been low since it was founded (back in 2009). They promised to improve sales, but nothing special for 3dOcean. Damn it, Photodune and tuts+ are generating even more sales. So let them maybe do a 3dOcean bundle in order not to affect the authors of other marketplaces, and maybe give 3dOcean some more buyer attention.

My 2 cents.

1434 posts Determined to give you nothing but the best!
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
mrcharlesbrown says

While I am fortunate enough to work on files that don’t take a lot of time to make, I have had my fair share of rejections. I’ve never dealt with themeforest or codecanyon, so I can only imagine the frustration authors feel when months of hard work gets rejected by a staff member. I’d be mad as well but I wouldn’t post a thread to take it out on the staff, much less complain that Envato cares more about money than the authors. We all need money to live in today’s world and Envato needs a lot more money than most people just to maintain the business. I believe companies should make a profit; it pays the bills and people get rewarded for pursuing that business. Where would Envato be if it didn’t have enough money to continue funding itself? What would happen if it couldn’t pay us authors anymore for the money we all make? That’d be a nightmare nobody wants to deal with.

That said though, if I see a problem, I’ll post about it, but my intention will be to help Envato become a better place, rather than perpetuate the apparent gloom and doom I see on many threads these days.

Well said!

3723 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
quickandeasy Moderator says

I like bundles.

They’re also a good time for referrals, so I am guessing that they drive/convert a decent amount of new buyers to the marketplaces too.

3110 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Moderator says

They’re also a good time for referrals, so I am guessing that they drive/convert a decent amount of new buyers to the marketplaces too.

oh absolutely. bundles rock, especially when you’re lucky enough to be included in one.

1677 posts Envato Elite Author
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Tean says

I have never noticed any difference in terms of sales during the bundle times. In other words if I didnt know the bundle week was on (because of the banner at the top and people talking about it in the forums) I wouldnt even know. Since the sales always fluctuate from month to month, its hard to measure this anyway. But maybe I am just statistical exclusion.

667 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
Blinn says

People buy stuff if they want it enough to pay the price. My job as an author is to make stuff that people want. Envato’s job is to do all the other stuff. As long as someone takes care of most of the less-fun stuff that comes with making items for sale, I’m happy to split some of the money with Envato. Otherwise, we wouldn’t have a place that meets the needs of little guys like me. :)

189 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+6 more
settysantu says
Bundles only rock, when you’re lucky enough to be included in one.

+1

6026 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

People buy stuff if they want it enough to pay the price. My job as an author is to make stuff that people want. Envato’s job is to do all the other stuff. As long as someone takes care of most of the less-fun stuff that comes with making items for sale, I’m happy to split some of the money with Envato. Otherwise, we wouldn’t have a place that meets the needs of little guys like me. :)

You are on wrong thread! this thread just speaks about bundle and its trend/impacts :)

On topic, authors needs to consider the way bundles getting changed over the years. The latest bundle titled “Print Designer” is not exactly a print designer bundle. It had 3 ThemeForest items which is absolutely unnecessary. And the bundle period become 7 days instead of 4 which needs to be considered.

So with such a small gap between bundles and bundle period become extended into 7 days and also files included in the bundle going outside the context of bundle title – we can expect changing psychology among buyers which can result bad sales for qualified items. We already don’t have sufficient search system to make buyers to reach right files; now Envato needs to take more care.

There is nothing against bundles as along as the bundles maintain context and enough care while preparing.

189 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+6 more
settysantu says

Well i agree with all my fellow authors, i don’t have any problem with bundle until and unless it effects sales regularly. All author’s should get equal chance.

According to blog post this bundle has seasonal items, so i don’t think there will be much issue but this discussion should go on so that Envato understands author’s view’s on bundles.

by
by
by
by
by
by