• Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

For example, envato bundles enjoy a very large audience. Isnt it obvious that the intention isnt only to promote a few files, but the whole marketplace ?

Is what envato answer every time we spoke about bundles.

I will not lose my time again on providing carefully constructed arguments as I did in the past, but my idea was that there are better and more fair ways of promoting the marketplace.

envato just took the profitable way.

26 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
ultrazonemusic says

$500 for $20 running for 7 days.

Well many thanks for destroying sales of all other authors for another week. Last one ended Oct 23 now this after just 20 days, what’s next ? a weekly bundle ?

wtf envato.

you gotta be kidding me! you have earned more that 100 k on envato, and you have a problem with one envato bundle?? i am not in the bundle ,and earned 100 times less than you, and do not have a problem.

why were you not then complaining about bundles when your file was in included ?

cheers

3716 posts Community Moderator
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Community Moderator
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

Guys, please let’s not start making jibes at one another.

5754 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+3 more
VF says

why were you not then complaining about bundles when your file was in included ?

cheers

If you closely watch, the complaints are not against bundle. It is about the way these days bundle strategies changed. I can see the holiday nature of the new bundle is harmless. But still there are few things raises question:

Since the marketplaces are growing more than the past, the following facts are actually contradicting now:

1. Bundles in the past were opened only for 4 days I remember. Now it become 7 days which raises the question if the bundles these days struggles to give a profitable share for authors than the past?

2. Past bundles had the price ratio of $30/$300 and $25/$250 which can give much share of profit to the contributing authors (also less harm for regular files) and now the value is like $20/$500. So the contributing authors don’t get a big share of profit but Envato gets it without difference.

3. Since the marketplaces are already growing at faster pace, what makes us to include random files that doesn’t related to the context of bundle? A birthday bundle can include all varieties, that’s fine. But why the “print designer” should include 3 Themeforest files? This is what makes author to worry about sales numbers whenever a bundle released.

4. All of us may be in the garden of micro-stock for our earnings. That doesn’t mean we can abuse the industry by infinitely lowering the item value in the form of bundles. I hope we will not go beyond the $20/500 ratio for bundles to make sure the work-hour values respected/realized.

1999 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+4 more
bitfade says

you gotta be kidding me! you have earned more that 100 k on envato, and you have a problem with one envato bundle?? i am not in the bundle ,and earned 100 times less than you, and do not have a problem.

cheers
Actually, including my other shared account, i earned 270k and i was in two. So what ?

I’m against the current rating system also, does it means i should not care about buyers rating my items 1 star ? I hate giving support in comments area when i have a dedicated forum, should i then say “get lost” to buyers doing it ?

Your reply is totally irrelevant. I always voiced against bundles in forums, except maybe the bday ones which only lasted 4 days and were meant to be a nice way to celebrate, a tribute to buyers.

But those days are long gone now, no need to repeat myself.

5310 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+5 more
CodingJack says

Why are people always so sensitive?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo7zkd0kRS4

So I don’t blame Envato for trying to make money. They’re running a business after all. But as VF points out above, what started as a relatively small program continues to expand over time. And if we don’t voice concerns about this now, who’s to say the program won’t just continue to expand?

26 posts
  • Europe
ultrazonemusic says

cheers
Actually, including my other shared account, i earned 270k and i was in two. So what ?

I’m against the current rating system also, does it means i should not care about buyers rating my items 1 star ? I hate giving support in comments area when i have a dedicated forum, should i then say “get lost” to buyers doing it ?

Your reply is totally irrelevant. I always voiced against bundles in forums, except maybe the bday ones which only lasted 4 days and were meant to be a nice way to celebrate, a tribute to buyers.

But those days are long gone now, no need to repeat myself.

Ah ,so you accepted to be in two bundles, but you hate them? Yes, it makes sense.

I will ask some of my buyers to buy stuff from you, so that you get to million soon, to make you feel more satisfied.

629 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Thecodingdude says

We’re almost at 100 replies, think we’re due a staff response soon

26 posts
  • Europe
ultrazonemusic says

cheers

If you closely watch, the complaints are not against bundle. It is about the way these days bundle strategies changed. I can see the holiday nature of the new bundle is harmless. But still there are few things raises question:

There are several (betveen 3-5) sites whose strategy is making bundles, various bundles where everyone is involved. They sell well, and thing is based on bundle type of sales.Maybe envato is testing this type of sales.

There are far more dramatic issues on envato we should worry than one little bundle.

26 posts
  • Europe
ultrazonemusic says

cheers

There are several (betveen 3-5) sites whose strategy is making bundles, various bundles where everyone is involved. They sell well, and thing is based on bundle type of sales.Maybe envato is testing this type of sales.

There are far more dramatic issues on envato we should worry than one little bundle.

by
by
by
by
by
by