• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

@ultrazonemusic, audiojungle and other marketplaces are different universes. We can’t understand the physics of each other easily. :D

There are far more dramatic issues on envato we should worry than one little bundle.

+1

1999 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+4 more
bitfade says

2. Past bundles had the price ratio of $30/$300 and $25/$250 which can give much share of profit to the contributing authors (also less harm for regular files) and now the value is like $20/$500. So the contributing authors don’t get a big share of profit but Envato gets it without difference.

3. Since the marketplaces are already growing at faster pace, what makes us to include random files that doesn’t related to the context of bundle? A birthday bundle can include all varieties, that’s fine. But why the “print designer” should include 3 Themeforest files? This is what makes author to worry about sales numbers whenever a bundle released.

4. All of us may be in the garden of micro-stock for our earnings. That doesn’t mean we can abuse the industry by infinitely lowering the item value in the form of bundles. I hope we will not go beyond the $20/500 ratio for bundles to make sure the work-hour values respected/realized.
couldn’t agree more.

Authors are not able to set their items price to avoid them undercutting each other, a key of the success of these marketplaces. Yet, envato is now doing this more and more often with bundles that keep giving more for less.

110 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United Kingdom
Atzar says

We’re almost at 100 replies, think we’re due a staff response soon

This is exactly what happened with the “Giraffe” Problem and it took them days to come up with a response for that, It would be good if they did, but I’m not expecting a reply anytime soon. Please envato prove me wrong! :P

1691 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
+1 more
Firsh says

I haven’t seen any adverse effect when the last bundle was out, quite the opposite. It brings more traffic to the marketplace, not just the bundle itself. I think bundles are good.

5319 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+5 more
CodingJack says

Ah ,so you accepted to be in two bundles, but you hate them? Yes, it makes sense. I will ask some of my buyers to buy stuff from you, so that you get to million soon, to make you feel more satisfied.

Hard to understand your point ultrazone. Bundle inclusion is free money. If someone handed you free money, would you turn it down?

5319 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+5 more
CodingJack says

I haven’t seen any adverse effect when the last bundle was out, quite the opposite. It brings more traffic to the marketplace, not just the bundle itself. I think bundles are good.

The thing is, if bundles are so great, why haven’t any statistics been shared with us? For example, if new members consistently spike during bundle week, wouldn’t that be information you’d want to share with the community?

7282 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

We’re almost at 100 replies, think we’re due a staff response soon

yes, and they will answer to some minor question and some favorable comment and ignore everything else

26 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
ultrazonemusic says

+1

7282 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

+1

your +1 cancel with my -1 since I’ve seen adverse effects on my sales, not the opposite.

26 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
ultrazonemusic says

Ah ,so you accepted to be in two bundles, but you hate them? Yes, it makes sense. I will ask some of my buyers to buy stuff from you, so that you get to million soon, to make you feel more satisfied.
Hard to understand your point ultrazone. Bundle inclusion is free money. If someone handed you free money, would you turn it down?

Not quiet sure which part you do not understand?Lets put ut this way: When you are in the bundle, everything is fine, and when you are not, bundles should be terminated.Not fair!

by
by
by
by
by
by