106 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
pjtops says

This is the fourth “soft rejection” now, and I really wish it was a hard rejection so I can throw everything away and start over. If it could be rejected so fast, then the reason must be pretty obvious to the review team, but they won’t let me know. That would be too easy.

The third time I submitted it, it was actually on hold for a few hours, which usually means the reviewer wanted a second opinion. They eventually rejected it, suggesting I change the color scheme, and the usual “typography and spacing” copy-pasted feedback. So I come up with 7 new color schemes, resubmit it and it gets rejected within 10 minutes. Very vague “changes not enough” message.

Maybe someone can help me out, which color scheme looks better: This was my third try:

http://pjtops.com/app/ShufflingTilesvCard/old/#vCard1

This is the fourth, rejected in a record 10 minutes:

http://pjtops.com/app/ShufflingTilesvCard/

And if the reviewer is reading this, its not a war. When all is said and done, we’re all in the same team, and a little more communication goes a long way.

173 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
kungfu-themes says

Hi pjtops, sorry about your rejection.

But I’m afraid I’d have to agree with the reviewer, the icons still don’t look all that great and the typography has many issues.

If you’d like I could put something together as an idea which I’m sure will get accepted.

106 posts
  • Located in Australia
+2 more
pjtops says

Hi pjtops, sorry about your rejection.

But I’m afraid I’d have to agree with the reviewer, the icons still don’t look all that great and the typography has many issues.

If you’d like I could put something together as an idea which I’m sure will get accepted.

Hi kungfu-themes,

If you’d like to team up with other developers/designers, this is probably not the right place to be pitching that. You’ll understand what I mean when you finally start submitting your own items to themeforest.

Thanks for the feedback anyway.

173 posts
+1 more
kungfu-themes says

Hi pjtops,

I wasn’t pitching a team effort as in, we share the money you make. In fact I was offering a free psd to help you get approved.

Sorry if that was unclear. It’s still on offer if you like. Just trying to help.

Thanks.

106 posts
  • Located in Australia
+2 more
pjtops says

Hi pjtops,

I wasn’t pitching a team effort as in, we share the money you make. In fact I was offering a free psd to help you get approved.

Sorry if that was unclear. It’s still on offer if you like. Just trying to help.

Thanks.

You should submit it your PSD here instead: http://themeforest.net/category/psd-templates

About the help, thanks, but no thanks.

173 posts
+1 more
kungfu-themes says

That’s a shame… But good luck, I’m sure you’ll eventually get approved, it will just take a little longer.

14 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in Europe
tomdeurzen says

Bare in mind i’m only trying to help you:

• The typography is awefull
  • The colors look bland and ugly
  • The get template options is in the way
  • The background image is awefull
  • The mobile version isn’t the width it’s supposed to be
  • The whole color scheme just seems bland and dull
  • The dropcaps have bad padding around them
  • When I press on about i get a horizontal scrollbar in my browser (chrome) and a vertical double scrollbar

The one thing I really like about this is the idea behind it with the moving tiles, that’s a really cleverly tought out mockup. But this looks more like a rough draft to show the idea then an actual finished product. I don’t even understand why this is soft rejected, it clearly doesn’t stand up to the standards in the Vcard category. Just click here to view something similar for sale in the personal category and you’ll understand what I mean.

Your idea is great, but you should really polish it up! Hope you won’t have any hard feelings :)
Kind regards,
Tom

2231 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
manuelvega says

i agreew with tomdeurzen, the animation its really good but u should reconsider the design ..

106 posts
  • Located in Australia
+2 more
pjtops says

Thanks for your detailed feedback tomdeurzen, really appreciate it.

• The get template options is in the way
  • When I press on about i get a horizontal scrollbar in my browser (chrome) and a vertical double scrollbar
  • The link i gave you was to the template’s preveiw page, not the template itself. The template is placed is an iframe, which allows you to see how it looks under different sizes.
  • The colors look bland and ugly
  • The background image is awefull
  • The whole color scheme just seems bland and dull
  • All 7 of them? Is there any in particular which you like? I posted two links, the first had darkers color schemes, but the last reveiwer did not like them, so I changed to brighter colors. All the new color schemes are from Adobe’s Kuler.
  • The mobile version isn’t the width it’s supposed to be
  • There is no standard mobile size width. The one I used on the preveiw here was 340px.
  • The typography is awefull
  • The dropcaps have bad padding around them
  • I’ll look more into this, thanks once again.
    14 posts
    • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
    • Located in Europe
    tomdeurzen says

Thanks for being such a good sport about it! :)

You should use dribbble.com’s color picker feature this is a neat functionality to create a color pattern you’ll notice that there are alot of shots with extreme care as to wich colors are used and you’ll notice your color patterns are all really bland. :)

I understand about the mobile version but when you view it in the mobile frame it doesn’t fit the screen and overlaps?

Good luck man! You’ll make it work no doubt :)

by
    by
    by
    by
    by
    by