631 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
UBLThemes says

Unfortunately the more designers/developers there are the more this will happen.

The larger Themeforest grows the more designers/developers it will generate.

There is nothing you can do about it.

1769 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

Actually, there is something they can do. I’ve seen some quite bad items recently, even in the PSD category. And yes, good items tend to sell quite bad just because they’re dropped out of the frontpage because of items like under construction pages, marketing themes, which take like 1-2-3 days to make. Since most of the sales and the money come from WP themes, showing more recent WP themes with good sales on the homepage would be quite some improvement.

493 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
wopethemes says

A really cool feature to implement on the home would be a “Trending New Items” row, similar to “Top New Authors” which was added to help gain exposure to up and coming new authors… so if Envato sites are growing at such a steady pace, why not add a similar feature for trending new items… think of it as a mini popular files page on the home, for recent items… This will highlight new files that are selling well, and will move a little slower than the recent items block. And then will help mix things up a bit and have a popular files page that isn’t dominated by files that have had exposure for years..

From my experience on ActiveDen, I got in early and had a large portfolio, my old files would sit on the popular files for years, even though they were old technology and not as feature packed as new files… they were just selling because buyers could see them over other files, it’s like a monopoly and that’s just how this site works… there is a massive leap between home page exposure and popular files page. And if you didn’t get in sooner, you’re going to struggle.

A trending new files row would really help keep things new and fresh, and give everyone a chance.
Thanks for your honest! My first item is appear 2 days only in home page. I got 4 sales. It not too much but it’s good for me at the begining. However my item is off from home pge on 3rd day, I got no sale…
5382 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

I do not know whether Envato staffs will read / do something about this…

I read everything don’t you know :) And I’ll be sure to pass these ideas on.

Homepage exposure is usually good for an initial boost, but it isn’t the be all and end all of success. Personally when I buy files I never look at the homepage but rather break it down through categories first. That’s one reason why we’re putting a big push into search improvements right now. That’s not to say that we’re not interested in improving the homepage. We want to make sure that we’re refining and improving all aspects of the Marketplaces so no matter how a buyer finds and locates files they want to purchase we want to put your files there :)

194 posts Dreams Money Can Buy
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
SwiftIdeas says

I think it’s time for an increase in the quality requirements…

- Ed

357 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+1 more
billyf says

That’s one reason why we’re putting a big push into search improvements right now. That’s not to say that we’re not interested in improving the homepage. We want to make sure that we’re refining and improving all aspects of the Marketplaces so no matter how a buyer finds and locates files they want to purchase we want to put your files there :)
It’s really great to know that something is being done to improve the search system :) I do hope that we can filter our results by price range (which is usually an indicator of the quality / features of a theme)

digitalscience has also suggested some really good ideas which I do hope I can, at least, see something similar being implemented in the update.

Thanks.

357 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
billyf says

I think it’s time for an increase in the quality requirements… - Ed
I agree. Although my items are not exceptionally beautiful, but I still see that there are some recently-approved items which I think haven’t met the ‘minimum quality requirements’ of this marketplace. The PSD category used to have plenty of high quality items but recently, I personally think that the quality of items in that category has decreased.
332 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
dekciw says

When I had my first item approved it was shocked how much traffic it attracted. Few days later, it stabilized. After a month, my item is in seventh page of it’s category, and still gets same, stabilized traffic.

http://awesomescreenshot.com/04fjvdi9b As you can see, traffic drops on weekends, but after that – it’s stable. Those are stats from october, and my theme was accepted on August 30.

So, I guess – concentrate on building better items, buyers tend to find those somehow :)

2024 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+8 more
revaxarts says

^ +1

just build quality items and buyers will buy. That’s the only way to stand out of the crowd

266 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Vasterad says

@dekciw – I think also. Just make hight quality items and don’t care about exposure. In my case traffic is stable from months: http://goo.gl/KubeL (August – October)

by
by
by
by
by
by