1036 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+10 more
Parallelus says

But that’s the thing. A designer doesn’t have to set up a complicated collaboration with rev share. They can just send their file to a service and whiz bang they have a template. I was just kind of saying that it seems odd that no one has set up that kind of thing in reverse for developers.

Not exactly, they will get hammered on support. If a designer uses a service to do the coding they won’t be able to answer any questions from buyers. They might hire someone to do the coding and keep them around for the support, but a service isn’t going to answer your support questions on ThemeForest for you.

Why don’t you hire a designer for a single project? You can pay them for the design, code it yourself and don’t have to share any of your sales with them.

266 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
DigitalHenry says

Someone beat you to the idea: http://wireframeplus.com/

359 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
jjjrmy says

I like this idea. I find it hard to make really good designs sometimes. But if someone makes the design I can code it up.

15 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
RenFromPenn says

Why don’t you hire a designer for a single project? You can pay them for the design, code it yourself and don’t have to share any of your sales with them.

I wasn’t talking about for myself. I was speaking in general terms.

by
by
by
by
by
by