283 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
BizLogic says

@ whomever “doesn’t like the speech”: I must admit that he doesn’t have the best presentation or delivery, but you have to look at the bigger picture. What he’s saying is, if you want to succeed it requires hard work. You have to be willing to work harder than the next guy. You have to be willing to sacrifice other things in order to reach your goal.

277 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
girlscancode says

@ whomever “doesn’t like the speech”: I must admit that he doesn’t have the best presentation or delivery, but you have to look at the bigger picture. What he’s saying is, if you want to succeed it requires hard work. You have to be willing to work harder than the next guy. You have to be willing to sacrifice other things in order to reach your goal.

Of course, but personally I am a fan of “smart work” more than I am of “hard work”. For example: how much does it take you to respond to client emails? 5 hours per day? How much do you charge per hour on regular web design? $50? According to the “hard work” theory I would have to sleep 5 hours less to be able to respond to those client emails. According to the “smart work” theory I need to search for someone to answer those emails for me at $10 per hour. See my point?

I am not saying that sometimes hard work isn’t required, but in my experience smart work is proving to be more rewarding.

8279 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

^ I agree with your smart work point but that’s just because it’s good business.

If it involves just you and your tank is empty and you have no option than to to find that extra couple of percent then someone shouting like this in your ear might just get you there… then if you prefer your sleep to success then I guess it depends what your driven by :)

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy my sleep and an article I read this morning discusses how your body reacts to less sleep… but when it matters and if we want success, we can all get by on a few hours for a while IMO.

Article: Bed sleep alters your body

@Typps – thanks dude :)

469 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
+4 more
VectorMedia says

This one is my favorite when I need a kick in the a**.
Thanks for sharing, really great video!
8279 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

I think it is a bit too extreme. This one is my favorite when I need a kick in the a**.

it’s good but it’s not “angry” enough for me and it does associate success with wealth a bit too much which isn’t always what success is about… some inspiring comments though :)

283 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
BizLogic says

...I am a fan of “smart work” more than I am of “hard work”...
Of course, “work smarter, not harder”—when you have the luxury to do so.

It’s all about perception. One person’s “working smart” could be the next person’s “working hard” & vice versa.
by
by
by
by
by
by