221 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Located in Albania
+3 more
BlinVarfi says

I have saw many people making icons and buttons with ” RSS , Twitter, FaceBook etc.” I wonder if anyone has the right to use them. So anyone is free to use those symbols?

1236 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+9 more
HarveyDesign says

From what i understand you cannot just take the original icons/brands/logos for commercial purposes and use them freely, you can show them in the preview images as examples but they cannot be included in the main file itself.

221 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Located in Albania
+3 more
BlinVarfi says

Oh really. That was really helpful :D

529 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
AmandaHackwith says

With most social media brands, you can create original interpretations with the proper credit (see the variety of different blue birds inspired by Twitter, we also occasionally allow some social media icons if they’re highly original and deviate from the copyrighted logo), but you can not exactly mimic the brand logo for a commercial redistribution file like we have on GraphicRiver. The one notable exception is GraphicRiver items like Twitter backgrounds—the twitter logo is allowed in the preview only because it helps buyers see what their finished product will look like with the background.

Unfortunately, social media brands and icons is a very murky area we’re always working out the fine legalities on. It’s a popular idea for designers and useful for buyers, so we try to handle each case/issue as it comes up as fairly as possible. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by