193 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Kontent says

Hi TF community,

Quite often I see freelancers talking about buying themes from here for their client projects.

My question is;

• What is their actual job (USP)?
  • Do they let the client know that they cannot resell the themes/templates?
  • Do they purchase extended licenses so they can do whatever?

Thanks for any feedback.

86 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Belgium
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
BrentChesny says

I’ve seen people like that who call themselves web developers, yet they don’t know anything about customizing a theme and they then come to the author for support. They piss me off.

3007 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
duotive says
I’ve seen people like that who call themselves web developers, yet they don’t know anything about customizing a theme and they then come to the author for support. They piss me off.

+1 :)) and they modify the theme and ask you why it dose not work :P

4317 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Community Moderator
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Venezuela
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+9 more
Ivor Reviewer says

Ok yeah but that’s the freedom that we offer :) they can do whatever they want as long as they follow the terms.

If you’re professional you will tell your client that you’re buying a theme, of course you will charge for customizations in fact that’s what I do with quick projects. But if you prefer to not tell anybody, yes you can because you paid money and is not forbidden, however it’s unprofessional IMHO .

3007 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
duotive says

for short jobs no cost :P for hour long jobs there is a cost… no?

367 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Denmark
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
UI20 says
Ok yeah but that’s the freedom that we offer :) they can do whatever they want as long as they follow the terms. If you’re professional you will tell your client that you’re buying a theme, of course you will charge for customizations in fact that’s what I do with quick projects. But if you prefer to not tell anybody, yes you can because you paid money and is not forbidden, however it’s unprofessional IMHO .

That would be illegal in many countries. Pretty sure that would be illegal in Denmark.

250 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
simnor says
Ok yeah but that’s the freedom that we offer :) they can do whatever they want as long as they follow the terms. If you’re professional you will tell your client that you’re buying a theme, of course you will charge for customizations in fact that’s what I do with quick projects. But if you prefer to not tell anybody, yes you can because you paid money and is not forbidden, however it’s unprofessional IMHO .
That would be illegal in many countries. Pretty sure that would be illegal in Denmark.

I’m pretty sure it’s not illegal to do that, what do you think white label products are? A company produces a can of no brand cola, sells them to a supermarket and the supermarket put their own packaging on, it happens everywhere.

You don’t have to tell the buyer where you got the product from by law, it may break the terms of contract but it certainly is not against any countries laws that I know of, especially in Europe which has a free market.

by
by
by
by
by
by