407 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
PaddyTaylor says

Judging by the policy (as you linked to) and especially as the author has offered to create an update at some point, I think you would be very lucky to get a refund.

It does not seem like the theme is malfunctioning, that it is corrupt or that it said/described anywhere anything about adding videos in the description.

Worth emailing them but as long as you are aware of the T&C regarding support and also refund policy.

56 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
libra-online says

hi, sorry but support is included and the administrator of this support said me ask a refund. look the theme on themeforest he writed : “QuickStep gives YOU endless possibilities to customize and make your own site” and please read my question before answer please…

the emphasis is on YOU :)

3007 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says
“QuickStep gives YOU endless possibilities to customize and make your own site”

That does not define the possibles. So what you wanted from it can or cannot be included in the endless possibilities. If it has advertised the featured that you wanted, than you could have asked for a refund. HOWEVER the line above does not define the possibilities, so you will not get a refund. I can be 99% sure of that.

894 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
infuse01 says

“QuickStep gives YOU endless possibilities to customize and make your own site”
That does not define the possibles. So what you wanted from it can or cannot be included in the endless possibilities. If it has advertised the featured that you wanted, than you could have asked for a refund. HOWEVER the line above does not define the possibilities, so you will not get a refund. I can be 99% sure of that.

I’ll give you the last 1% ;)

As all the other authors already stated – your chances on a refund are minimal to none. I guess the author of your file has simply directed you to the envato support where you can make a request for a refund, but I’m quite sure they already knew that you won’t get it.

However, now you can’t revert things, so make the best out of it and turn the “negative” into a “positive”. For the next time you know it better, and for this time you can either wait for an update or hire a freelancer (maybe on http://freelanceswitch.com) who will do that customization for you.

Good Luck

5 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+2 more
ThemeLuxe says

Hi,

It definitely wasn’t my intention to mislead you into thinking that the portfolio items were video ready. I didn’t post them in the demo and I’m pretty sure it was discussed several times in the comments.

Like I told you in the support ticket, we’d probably have these additions done in under two weeks. The updated version is already in the Theme Forest queue and waiting for approval. Galleries, videos, and other post formats are now available for blog posts and portfolio items.

(Assuming you don’t get the refund) new notes were added to the documentation on usage as well as updated demo content. Feel free to drop me a line again in the support forum if you have any trouble. :)

493 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
wopethemes says

hi, I bought the theme QUICKSTEP for a portfolio with videos but the admin of the forum Themeluxe support said me it’s not possible. this is his answer to my problem : You can add in youtube or vimeo videos to your site easily, but if you want to replace the portfolio images with videos, then you can hire someone to help you do it or you can wait until we come out with the update for this.

This theme does have a vast amount of customization and frankly, is priced very well for a theme with this much AJAX and other functionality.

“Videos for portfolio items were not included in the demo because it’s currently not an option. It was certainly not our intent to mislead you into thinking otherwise. If you can’t wait for the update, then you can try contacting Theme Forest to request a refund.. “

Now, how do I do this? Thanks.
I see you purcharse > 100 items here , so you’re pro-buyer , not amatuer buyer. I think you must check the functions of the theme carefully , not just design only. because you paid and get theme in your computer , so there are no reason for you to get the refund. If you can get refund then every buyers can request refunds without a reason.
by
by
by
by
by
by