7 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
stlphotoart says

Im Professional photographer and have a few sites my favorite isn’t a responsive site . I would like to avoid doing a mobile site is a website not being a responsive site a deal breaker ?? What is everyone’s opinion. Im the furthest thing from a web design guy but do have help.

3202 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
organicbee says

if you dont care about mobile/tablet screen sizes then you dont need a responsive website.

That being said just because a website isnt responsive doesnt mean it doesnt work on mobile/tablets just means it won’t “respond” to the screen size (i.e change the content size to fit the screen)

2441 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
digitalimpact says

+1 to Chris’s answer above. As long as it’s well coded and functional, it will serve its purpose on most devices. A regular website with a small adjustment for images that open in a lightbox and there you have it ;)

1478 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
+1 more
PixelBin says

Some sites don’t make sense to be responsive and in fact are better to be zoomed in. In fact, when I’m on my iPhone, as long as the site loads quickly, I could not care less whether it’s responsive or not because typically they hide the content I need (which is extremely poor UX and therefore bad responsive design). Just keep the click/tap targets at a comfortable level for tapping, keep in mind how certain elements like drop-down menus will pan out and you’ll be good.

by
by
by
by
by
by