4147 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

Before saying it, I know, and agree with you all that Activeden is not receiving enough advertisement, not getting enough visitors. There are plenty more things we, as authors, would like to discuss, and do discuss, but what is the effect these threads have on our buyers? ” The End Is Nigh” / ” Flash Is Dying? ” ...

My request, can the developers make a new tab in the forum? ” Authors Only ” That is only visible to Authors. ( If someone has an item uploaded and approved he gets access to that tab ). We can talk about anything that may affect our buyers, share code if needed, who knows what other uses that tab will eventually lead up having!

This may seem unfair to buyers, but… it’s better than destroying our community and making buyers leave the marketplaces all due to chitchat on the forums. ( Chitchats that are not always true. Flash is not dying for example, by the release of 3D engines in AS3 , it just expanded, Activeden on the other-hand, might be dying. )

Guys? Do you agree with me about this? Wouldn’t an author tab be useful? We could talk about anything! :)

132 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
baklach says

I totally agree, it would be great for authors. And restriction to “minimum one file in portfolio” is the best way to keep this forum section for authors only. I know it could be a complicated process for devs to add this, but I am sure that it is totally worth every effort. In fact, i think it will add a lot of points to authors’ productivity.

-Arthur

• Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
I totally agree, it would be great for authors. And restriction to “minimum one file in portfolio” is the best way to keep this forum section for authors only. I know it could be a complicated process for devs to add this, but I am sure that it is totally worth every effort. In fact, i think it will add a lot of points to authors’ productivity. -Arthur

Productivity is one of the advantages, the other is being able to speak free without the stress of offending a buyer by mistake from just an average conversation… :|

132 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
baklach says
Productivity is one of the advantages, the other is being able to speak free without the stress of offending a buyer by mistake from just an average conversation… :|

Definitely!!!

• Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
+9 more

Anyone else want to share an opinion about this ?

7200 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+1 more
doru says

what’s the point? we discussed this “author forum idea” in a dozen of threads in the past. I’m sure the developers know about this request already.

I like the idea, but, we can’t just repeat ourselves in different threads every couple of days.

Also, it was not you that bashed every thread open on the argument and asked to lock it? Now, why do you open another one on the same argument? It has no sense, really.

• Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
+9 more

what’s the point? we discussed this “author forum idea” in a dozen of threads in the past. I’m sure the developers know about this request already.

I like the idea, but, we can’t just repeat ourselves in different threads every couple of days.

Also, it was not you that bashed every thread open on the argument and asked to lock it? Now, why do you open another one on the same argument? It has no sense, really.

Nope. Didn’t ask those to be locked :) Doru do you have something against me? I was just trying to make a good suggestion for us and you seem angry / frustrated at me for some reason :| ... I might just be paranoid… just checking :)

7200 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+1 more
doru says

Have nothing against you :)

I had the impression you requested some thread to be closed, maybe I had a wrong impression.

Just saying that we already discussed this one billion time. We can safely assume the developers know about this request. At some point, in another thread someone from the staff said that he writes down or potential ideas arriving from members and passed them to who decide what need to be implemented.

Having this clarified then we have two alternatives:

a) they don’t like the idea, for whatever reason and they will never implement it

b) they like it and they work on it, or is on schedule. When is done they will bring it online, as a part of the next redesign or as a standalone update.

• Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Have nothing against you :)

Glad to hear that. I didn’t sleep in 48 hours, I misinterpret things easily now. My apology if I offended by asking you that :) No harm meant.

I had the impression you requested some thread to be closed, maybe I had a wrong impression.

Just saying that we already discussed this one billion time. We can safely assume the developers know about this request. At some point, in another thread someone from the staff said that he writes down or potential ideas arriving from members and passed them to who decide what need to be implemented.

Having this clarified then we have two alternatives:

a) they don’t like the idea, for whatever reason and they will never implement it

b) they like it and they work on it, or is on schedule. When is done they will bring it online, as a part of the next redesign or as a standalone update.

I’ve never asked threads on this topic to be closed ( I ask for threads to be closed usually when the matter has been resolved and it’s running off-topic ) . The main idea is that, as other things on Activeden ( referring to changes to our item pages, that took place about 4/5 months ago ) We had to ask numerous times for things to change before it actually happened. I opened this thread, with the name and intent to remind … maybe get some authors to share their opinion on this matter again.

Perhaps then the devs will actually make this request a real thing :)

200 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Goldenbug says

(for your first comment; calm down @doru)

btw, idea is good like other tons of ideas. I think envato has alist for them-I hope- I mean we need to just wait…

by
by
by
by
by
by