3683 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Located in United Kingdom
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

Hi guys,

I’m making a business card in photoshop, and I downloaded the template that the graphic river guys made for us. I noticed there is a * beside the 8 (meaning 8 bit) on the files title bar. Also when I copy something out from the file to another file, the colors look a bit different, even though the other one is also cmyk. Anyone know what’s causing this? Cheers ! ! :D

3717 posts Community Moderator
    Has referred more than 5000 members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

Does the star not mean that it is unsaved?

180 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Lung says

The Question is: »What type of CMYK ?«

In the U.S. they print with a differnt CMYK -Profile as in Asia, Europe and so on. But that‘s not all. There a special CMYK Profiles for different printing techniques like Offset, gravure print, newspaper printing and even for coated or uncoated paper. All of them have a specific profile wich fits best to its printing technique or paper. So look at the colorprofiles of the two items :).

Lung

3683 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Located in United Kingdom
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

@Lung – Yeah that might be it, I’ll see if I can find the color information for the file. :)

@quickandeasy – Nah, it’s a different star, beside the file info that’s in brackets, on the file name bar. (cmyk/8*)

3683 posts
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

Right now however, it’s an important time that we have here in Britain, it’s called Dinner Time! :)

421 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
expressivemedia says
ToivoMedia said
Right now however, it’s an important time that we have here in Britain, it’s called Dinner Time! :)

quality :)

125 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
bgm Envato team says

You may have to alter the color profile, as potentially, it includes the color profile of the computer it was created on

3683 posts
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

I’ve looked at the color profile and it looks fine, although I don’t know anything much about cmyk profiles. I’ll assume it’s fine to submit, since it’s the graphic river business card template after all, and must have been made with maximum awesomeness :)

by
by
by
by
by
by