1241 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
SomethingDesign says

I searched in the forum to find an answer for my weird question and didn’t found any.

What happens when an author die (I mean for real) with his account? Grant Envato access to his items/account for author’s family / relatives? Because his work will keep generate revenue further.

I know my question sounds very strange. But I’m just curious.

Wish all the best in the world for everyone and long life :)

1520 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Bedros says

What happens when an author die

This is the only point that SUPPORT becomes not mandatory.

2263 posts Bird is the word..
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
jonathan01 says

The person who’s account it is should leave details with next-of-kin – add your passwords etc to your will or leave details with your attorney etc It’s really nothing to do with Envato, it’s a personal issue you should plan for.

2263 posts Bird is the word..
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
jonathan01 says

This is the only point when SUPPORT becomes not mandatory.

hahaha

1031 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
    Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Had an item featured on Envato Market Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
+10 more
Parallelus says

It’s been asked/discussed before but I don’t know the thread title. It’s not much different from any other asset. If you’re running a business you have documentation or other information that would become available to the other officers in the company and they would take over managing the account. Your assets are handled the same as any other. If you’re a one man show, you should have some type of documentation that get’s passed on to the next of kin. I don’t think this is any different from any other online business when someone dies and the access to their accounts is inherited.

The simple solution is to make sure you have something like a safety deposit box with login and account information that would be given to the person who inherits your estate. All my wife needs is my email login and she can get any password resets needed if there are logins she doesn’t know. I’m not so sure it’s Envato’s responsibility. There is probably a way to have a notarized power of attorney form that Envato would recognize as a legal transfer of account ownership if there was no other way.

579 posts
    Has referred 1000+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
Sophonic says

I have already written a paper with instructions, website(s) info and login info. You must be prepared for anything. Everyone should make this a top priority.

1286 posts
    Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+4 more
UJ-pro says

Hi,

it seems to be a strange question though it’s an important question as well as we have the right to talk about surviving dependants’ pension, inheritance. This all belongs to someone died.

I know that there’s been a thread about exactly this matter. Couldn’t find back, perhaps someone will remember and post it.

You should deposit your account data for your partner, children… whoever’s got the right in case of shit happens. They should report it to envato and I’m sure everything will find it’s way.

May be support can answer to this question what we should do to keep further incoming saved for bereaved.

579 posts
    Has referred 1000+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
Sophonic says

The themeforest and videohive guys might have it a bit harder then us audiojungle authors as they have to provide much more support to customers.

1241 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
SomethingDesign says

hahaha nice answer

1241 posts
+4 more
SomethingDesign says

You must record all possible FAQs for your items :) or hire a clairvoyant to continue support :) will be the first haunted profile :)

by
by
by
by
by
by