850 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+3 more
chrisatlemon says

hi all,

I always Submit my items in A4 and US letter-size. But I’m starting to wonder whether it’s actually worth my while?

Even in the US, when you go to a print shop, you just specify the size you want to print your document in. So if you purchase and A4 template you tell them to print in A4.

I can understand it for letterheads and such which people use at home where they would usually have 8.5×11 in the US. But for any commercial print job, doesn’t really matter? Is there any reason why it is “easier” to have a US letter-size document?

I’ve been looking around, and I see a bit of both. Some people offer both sizes, like I do, others only offer one size. And I cannot really see much difference in sales between one or the other…

What do you think?

Cheers

Chris

340 posts Andre28 - Envato Elite Author
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
andre28 says

i think US people feel more comfortable having the letter version, maybe it’s easier for them to print the templates even at home to make some tests… i have usually been asked on how to change dimension from many people so if i can i try to submit both sizes :)

OverflowDesignGroup
OverflowDesignGroup Recent Posts Threads Started
35 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
OverflowDesignGroup says

I get requests all time for different formats and I supply both A4 and US Letter!

FYI, I print a lot of materials for clients (around $400k per year) and they all want US Letter because it’s easier in the US. (matching envelopes, scores, etc.)

That’s why I supply both. :)

850 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+3 more
chrisatlemon says

Many thanks guys, I will continue to supply both, too :)

There are no shortcuts to success! :D

Cheers

Chris

by
by
by
by
by
by