145 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
bjornredemption says
Hello guys, I am the non CMS reviewer. Up until a few days ago I was making it a point to review everyday. Last 2 – 3 days have been a bit crazy…swamped with stuff, and have bronchitis to top it all off…I had full intentions of reviewing last night but I ended up falling asleep at like 5:30 pm… I promise that I will be clearing the queue tonight and will review files daily from this point forward.

damn – reviewing looks like a painful thankless job

2 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Slovakia
JAM3SoN says

Uploaded my file ~ 1 day ago… And still not reviewed… Since then 10 new templates were added… Are those templates going to be reviewed?:)

1424 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+10 more
kailoon Reviewer says

@JAM3SoN: Is it a site template?

322 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
shadow66142000 says

probably an HTML template & I’m guessing that we will wait until monday.

4901 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

JAM3SoN:

Please be advised, that I will be working on the queue this morning for a bit and then clearing it tonight.

But something that all authors should realize and I am not trying to sound harsh here is that sometimes reviewing takes time…its not usually something that will go through within hours. I say this because there have already been like 5 posts on the forum where authors were upset because they uploaded their theme 12 hours ago and its still in the queue…Flashden uploads can take up to a week to get a file approved…Themeforest has a much smaller queue at its infant stages, so it will be done in a more timely fashion. Normally I review every night, with a few exceptions. And the author instructions state:

“FlashDen strives to maintain a fast approval process for its authors. Usually a file will be approved within two days, but occasionally an influx of files will mean that the approval process will be slightly longer.

You can see where your file is in the approval queue by visiting the Upload page.”

Thats on the author’s FAQ page through FD, the same stuff applies to TF, It appears the TF link is broken so I had to take it from the FD one…

You are welcome to ask questions like this, but it could take 2 days normally. I do still promise to keep review time minimal, and will do it at every possibly opportunity…your file will get reviewed tonight :)

Mark

352 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
+1 more
danharper says

^ What xdozex said.

Remember reviewers may be on the other side of the world to you, and time differences can be a problem. It’s not like there’s a team of reviewers sitting around for new files to come through. :)

1424 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
+10 more
kailoon Reviewer says
^ What xdozex said. Remember reviewers may be on the other side of the world to you, and time differences can be a problem. It’s not like there’s a team of reviewers sitting around for new files to come through. :)

I review everyday and only for CMS upload. I stay in Malaysia, so, you may notice the time different there…

I think authors should give more time to Mark because the submissions of site template is more frequent compare to CMS :)

Cheers!

2529 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Blog Editor
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
JeffreyWay says

Absolutely. A 2 day turnaround, or less, is extremely reasonable. As we become more and more popular, we’ll increase the number of reviewers accordingly.

4901 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Yep…we are currently experiencing around 10-15 files every 1-2 days…I’m sure we will get to a point one day where we will be receiving 50 – 100 files a day like Flashden, and over time staff will increase reviewers to keep the ratio of files coming in to files being reviewed equal…

4901 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Site Templates have been cleared. :)

by