3885 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
charlie4282 says

I’m curious how a specifically targeted campaign would do. Both the campaigns he used as an example seems really broad. Theres got to be a percentage of fake vs real likes. Im guessing the broader market your targeting the less conversion you’re going to get.

We use FB ads on a huge scale and while we have heard about these issues before most of our campaigns (which are highly targeted and researched) maintain excellent levels of conversion and results.

You are absolutely right that the test ones were overly broad which increases the chance of less scrupulous people seeing the ads but also they are stupid pages as opposed to properly run ones.

I do not doubt for one second that this goes on and Facebook have admitted that organic reach is diminishing to allow more targeted, personalized and effective advertising but there is NO way that Facebook would risk their most lucrative income by ignoring it and I maintain that correctly managed campaigns will reap the results.

@SomethingDesign – good luck with your trial and let us know what happens (maybe month on month?).

1251 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
SomethingDesign says

I’m curious how a specifically targeted campaign would do. Both the campaigns he used as an example seems really broad. Theres got to be a percentage of fake vs real likes. Im guessing the broader market your targeting the less conversion you’re going to get.
We use FB ads on a huge scale and while we have heard about these issues before most of our campaigns (which are highly targeted and researched) maintain excellent levels of conversion and results.

You are absolutely right that the test ones were overly broad which increases the chance of less scrupulous people seeing the ads but also they are stupid pages as opposed to properly run ones.

I do not doubt for one second that this goes on and Facebook have admitted that organic reach is diminishing to allow more targeted, personalized and effective advertising but there is NO way that Facebook would risk their most lucrative income by ignoring it and I maintain that correctly managed campaigns will reap the results.

@SomethingDesign – good luck with your trial and let us know what happens (maybe month on month?).

sure I will post my conclusions here

266 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
W3llm4n says

THanks for posting this.. I never imagined that FB has this kind of policy… Shame on you FB!!!

78 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
axool says

I noticed this too with several FB Ads Campagns… But I was still running one of them until I finally saw this video. Thanks for sharing.

I knew that it was sometimes a waste of money, but I always tried to “improve” my campaigns… I got some likes for just $0.01, but they didn’t convert at all, now I know why !

1847 posts
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+13 more
SamBerson says

Very interesting :)

99 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+5 more
LEFS says

wow. interesting! thanks!

1251 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
SomethingDesign says
302 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Deep_Blue says

Enlightening video.. thanks for sharing !

10 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
miaaim says

Nice Video ty

477 posts
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
styleWish says

I didn’t know why but now it’s clear to me why I don’t like Facebook anymore.

by
by
by
by
by
by